Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Curveballs

Default Curveballs

Sometimes life throws them at you, and I got one on Friday. I lost my job. Please keep me and my family in your prayers as we try to figure out what God has in store for us. I know he has a plan because he tells us he does. Thanks fellas. - Rion

sent from here buddy
    "I am a man, not an animal and I always try to conduct myself accordingly. Doing anything less is just giving up and expecting (and being okay) with failure."
    Rubberhead

Sent. Line of work?

Tough situation. Sorry to read this. Happened to me in January. Found a better job with better pay and benefits a few months later. Keep your faith and we will pray for you and the family.

jwilliams is offline 2th Doc's Fishing understudy

Dang Rion. Hate to hear that. Will be in prayer for you
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Does Elton John know you have his shotgun?

Sorry to hear this. God does have a plan, the hard part is he lets us know in his own due time.
    My biggest mistake when I lost a job was waiting for him to tell me what the plan was. Find some sort of work rather than collecting unemployment, that check isn't worth the dignity you will lose not providing for your family.

The man upstairs has a plan for ya, so just go with it. Been there and I took side jobs with buddies in construction till I found a new job in my field of work. It's scary, but you will look back soon and realize there was a reason behind it. Prayers to ya and you'll be fine my friend.

Prayers up for you, Rion. Hope you land on a higher hill.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

Where are you located? I know of a position in my line of work opening in Charleston.

I've been in your shoes, and it sucks. Hope all works out.
    Last edited by dhall1693; 07-23-2017 at 10:08 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Indeed, yet I have killed no Jack Miners today, this month, or this season as our boy DHall has. I am more jealous of his awesome pig of a bird than everyone else combined.

First Peter 5:7 "Cast all your care upon God"

Sent.

Praying for ya'll
    "You are Citadel Men, you have no pension for failure, you wear the Ring, you never let a friend down, you will be good fathers, husbands, and leaders in the armed forces and industry, you are strong in heart, body, and mind. You protect such things as Honor and Fidelity. Your virtues matter not only in wealth, but in the richness of family, you are the last of the knights."
    - late President Ronald Reagan

Been there as well and it was a blessing in disguise. Prayers sent for you. If you want to, share your location and line of work. There are lots of good people on here with connections.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Look at it as a blessing. God helps those who help themselves so get busy looking. What industry are you in?
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Sorry to hear, hope all works out for you sir!!

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

I live in Sumter. For the past 11+ years I've been in the commercial mechanical/ plumbing industry. I have experience in distribution, sales, management etc etc. I'm certainly going to keep all options open. As it's been said above, I have to look at this as a blessing and know that God has a plan. Thanks to anyone who might have a lead on anything.

Know that God has a plan for sure! Keep the faith. Same thing happened to me 4 years ago on a Monday morning. Tuesday afternoon, I sent an email out to all my contacts from business, turned the phone and computer off, went to the beach for a week to clear my head and decide what our next steps would be. Came back to over 200 emails with well wishes, 9 of which were job offers. Reach out to your contacts, the true friends will be there to lift you up.

Plenty of opportunities out there right now. Losing my job about 7 years ago was probably the best thing to ever happen to me.

I wish I had started my own gig years ago, now might be the time for you.. No shortage of needs in that market.
    Genesis 9;2

Looking back you will see that this happened for a reason. I'll keep ears open for an open position

Will be a blessing for sure. I lost my job in November also. I didn't start my new job until April. The hardest part is to start over as my new job had nothing to do what I had done for the past 15 years.
    I now make more money, company vehicle, and work environment is 1000 times better.
    Everything happens for a reason and odds are in your favour that a better blessing is headed your way.