Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another F* a thief thread- Florence

Default Another F* a thief thread- Florence

They got into my truck last night and took a glock 26. My stupid fault for not remembering to take it out. Had some other things going on when I got home and just forgot.

They didn't take anything else, had a cooler and some binoculars, range finder, etc in the back seat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

Do you by chance have any hunting related stickers on your back glass?
    "I swear if I found you in a marsh I don't know that I could keep myself from mud stomping you" -Griffin

I have one small delta waterfowl sticker and that's it. But I back my truck into my drive every evening and have a well lit driveway.

"This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

Quote Originally Posted by MolliesMaster View Post
    I have one small delta waterfowl sticker and that's it. But I back my truck into my drive every evening and have a well lit driveway.

Sorry man that sucks. Had it happen to me a few years ago... Cops made a good point to me that these thugs look for hunters trucks knowing there is a high likelihood guns will be in there. I had an iPad, lap top, and my costas in the truck... All they took was my pistol.
    "I swear if I found you in a marsh I don't know that I could keep myself from mud stomping you" -Griffin

Was your truck unlocked?
    HRCH DOC'S LIL LEGACY MH

Yea. This officer was telling me something similar. Hell there was a box of ammo for it in the floorboard of the passenger seat and they left it.

Not that I'm aware of. I'm usually pretty good at keeping it locked.

But there was no sign of forced entry. I do have a F150 with the key code on the door.

It's a toss up, do you leave it unlocked and let them take it or lock it and have deal with getting a new window.
    Sea Ark 1542 w/ Yamaha 40
    Xpress 16 w/ 50 Hammer
    War Eagle 15 w/ 30 Hammer

--------------------------------------------------

"Sometimes you gotta grab the bull by the horns and the women by the tits and take charge in your life" - General Patton

"I'm very drunk and I intend on getting still drunker before this evening's over."
    - Rhett Butler

Sucks! There is a little crime wave running through Florence right now it seems.

Deputy told me they hit the west side of town pretty hard and now are starting to get into the south side of town.

I'm just kicking myself for forgetting to take it out last night.

They hit my niece and her husband's veh a couple weeks ago. Got a gun from each veh. She's at Crossings. They've been busy for sure.

Had exactly this happen to me in SE side of Columbia, got away with my 586 and some speed loaders. Left other things of value in the vehicle. Must have been in a rush as it was raining and forgot to lock my doors.
    Other neighbors have been hit as well, seems to be kids checking for unlocked doors on weekend nights.

The current trend we have is similar here in the Charleston area. The latest group was walking neighborhoods in the daylight or dusk times and marking unlocked vehicles by placing a large stone or piece of gravel next to the rear tires. They would move on to the next neighborhood while the next group came in around midnight or so and looted the vehicles.

That sucks man.

This happens every so many years an then they get caught.

The bad part is the cops aren't hard enough on them.

I'm tempted to keep some weed on on hand an throw it on the theif.

Hot damn 20 suv's and a helicopter and a MRAP will come tearing up Florence to arrest the thugs. A news conference will be held, a table displaying the evil drugs captured from the notorious criminals will be shown. Dime bag and all.

Mean while on the other side of town some ring of thieves will be breaking in taking more of your stuff who don't have any drugs and a cop in a 1990's crown vic will pull up half disheveled looking an tell you that yea those guys are probably down the street now, and we just can't catch them.
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

They should revoke any CC permits immediately for allowing a pistol to get stolen from a vehicle.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

The cops aren't hard enough on them??? How hard should they be? We take them to jail, they bond out and are right back to it before the sun goes down. I've picked the same thief up 7 or 8 times just this year for breaking into cars. It's a felony for each count. But he's back on the streets right now as we speak. The current trend is that these guys are shaking door handles. If you leave your door unlocked, they open it. If it is locked, 99% of the time they walk away.

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post
    They should revoke any CC permits immediately for allowing a pistol to get stolen from a vehicle.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    Huh?

I used to be the worlds worst about leaving my truck unlocked & keys in it because I live off the road a bit. I've started locking down recently due to all the activity.