Thread: WW II Surplus 1911’s Coming To Stores

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Default WW II Surplus 1911’s Coming To Stores

The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

"Eligible US citizens" does not mean "store shelves." People who are eligible to purchase through the CMP are members of of gun clubs that promote shooting. For example, as a member of Mid Carolina Rifle Club, a CMP participating club, I am eligible to purchase a gun if the law passes.
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.

Isn't the CMP administered through the NRA?

No.

And I won't hold my breath on 1911s going to the CMP. Or millions of Garands previously loaned to Korea.

The Korean Garands will never be returned to the Army and given to the CMP. That subject has been beat to death 1000x over. ROK had MAP equipment and purchased some as well. No one knows what was already sold. Orest Michaels visited Korea when he was still in charge and had very little positive information. If the rifles are brought back into the US, it will be an importer vs the CMP offering them for sale.

For clarity, the CMP doesn't import from other countries. The rifles are returned to the Army who releases them to the CMP. The CMP is charged the transportation costs to get the weapons back to the US.

There are rifles from the Philippines coming to the CMP pipeline.

If the 1911's are authorized it will be a LONG time before the CMP will be prepared to sell them.

Some hurdles:
    Inspection & Grading (no current facilities to handle pistols)
    Repair (no current facilities to handle pistols)
    Sales (not currently allowed to sell pistols, only "surplus .30 and .22 rifles" by the charter)
    Vegetarian: Native American for Piss Poor Hunter

The United States House of Representatives has just passed their version of the 2018 National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA), and included within it is a provision that will mandate the release of all M1911 handguns currently in US Army inventory to the Civilian Marksmanship Program, for distribution to eligible US civilians.

This section is curious and clears the air for many of you.

First this means in inventory, not loaned out. We have warehouses full of these things. PD's can get them on form 10's. Most opt for side arms to carry a greater capacity of ammo, and smaller bullet diameter. Remember we used the 1911 pistol up to the Beretta took it's place in the 80's. So we have a lot. My guess is it's way in excess of 100,000.

Now on to the next part the Feds are black an white. There is no grey and no common sense.

When it says ALL we may have just created a problem. The language doesn't say in storage the language says in inventory. There are some SOF groups that utilize the 1911. It is a small number but technically what they have is inventory.
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot