Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Allison Transmission noise

There's an Allison transmission place right off 26 between Ashley frustrate and aviation if I'm not mistaken.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

Why not find a transmission shop in your area. The price of 3500 to 4k is correct. The TCM and relay will not cause it to whine. The pumps will and convertor will. Either way the unit has to come out.

Quote Originally Posted by KRT View Post
    WWW Williams is in West Cola,long way from Summerville.
    They have a location on Aviation Ave in Charleston as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck the Duck Slayer View Post
    There's an Allison transmission place right off 26 between Ashley frustrate and aviation if I'm not mistaken.
    Just saw this, that is the WW Williams location I was talking about.

Thank you much Treymo and Chucky. I'll mosey down there way next week and get the to listen to it.

Quote Originally Posted by santeeswamper View Post
    Why not find a transmission shop in your area. The price of 3500 to 4k is correct. The TCM and relay will not cause it to whine. The pumps will and convertor will. Either way the unit has to come out.
    Ummm...I was at a local transmission shop this morning...that's where my information was coming from.

When I picked up the truck this afternoon, we discussed it again. He said that he wouldn't worry about it and drive it till it stopped going. He said if/when the pump goes out it's not going to do anything...you're just not going to go anywhere and said there's a really good chance the it will show signs that its going to go out before it does...
    Last edited by reeltight; 07-21-2017 at 03:46 PM.