Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Africa Advice

Tips for trackers, etc.
    Knives are a great selection so I'm told!
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

Tip your trackers and guides!!! And don't let Africa do the taxidermy work! Know who is importing your stuff before leaving. Customs will be happy to trash it. I can always tell who tips right when the import crate hits our taxidermy room. If you don't tip right your hides and skulls will not be packed right and will have bugs. Tip good and your stuff will be immaculate.

Last year has 2 guys go together on a trip - all their stuff is crated by the same people. When the import crate arrived at my door one man's was perfect, the other was full of bugs. CDC forced us to burn 2 sables, 1 kudu, and a waterbuck. Guess which one tipped.

Have fun!
    Last edited by Rodney; 07-21-2017 at 07:09 AM.

Don't shoot a lion or giraffe and post it on Facebook.

But do post pics here please! Have fun!

Damn, that's on the bucket list fo sho!! Good luck and have fun!

They got the aids down thata way. Take trojans
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Do you get aids from ticks?

Quote Originally Posted by Rodney View Post
    Tip your trackers and guides!!! And don't let Africa do the taxidermy work! Know who is importing your stuff before leaving. Customs will be happy to trash it. I can always tell who tips right when the import crate hits our taxidermy room. If you don't tip right your hides and skulls will not be packed right and will have bugs. Tip good and your stuff will be immaculate.

Last year has 2 guys go together on a trip - all their stuff is crated by the same people. When the import crate arrived at my door one man's was perfect, the other was full of bugs. CDC forced us to burn 2 sables, 1 kudu, and a waterbuck. Guess which one tipped.

Have fun!
    As far a the taxidermy, there are some good ones over in RSA. I was of the above mindset too, but after touring the facility and seeing and touching their work, I chose to have mine done there. I posted some pictures in 09-10 when my stuff got done on here that you may be able to find. I can find the name if you like. I wish you wouldve reached out sooner, I have a whole binder worth of information I couldve shared with you. Have fun