Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Polar Bear Hunt

Default Polar Bear Hunt

Polar bears open for import from Canada. I hear that instead of tagging them, some are wearing a red Coke scarf.
    I would love to have one of these come through the shop! Somebody go kill one.

S. 1514 that will allow the importation of certain sport-hunted polar bears from Canada. The polar bear provision has become part of a sportsmen’s legislative package introduced in late June by Senator John Barrasso.

S. 1514 is the Hunting Heritage & Environmental Legacy Preservation Act or “HELP for Wildlife Act.” Yesterday, the Senate Environment & Public Works Committee approved the measure on a 14-7 vote. As we previously reported, the HELP for Wildlife Act reauthorizes several important conservation programs, directs the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service to delist the wolf populations in the Western Great Lakes and Wyoming, and facilitates the construction of shooting ranges on Bureau of Land Management & Forest Service lands.

Before final approval yesterday by the committee, Senator Dan Sullivan of Alaska moved to add the polar bear provision, which was approved by voice vote. The provision is similar to a bill introduced in the House by Rep. Don Young of Alaska to amend the Marine Mammal Protection Act of 1972 to allow importation of polar bear trophies harvested in sport hunts in Canada. Sullivan’s amendment enables the Secretary of the Interior to authorize import permits for polar bears that had been legally harvested from approved populations in Canada before the polar bear was listed as threatened in 2008.

The polar bear today, as it did in 2008, enjoys high population numbers across its entire range. Canada’s polar bear management program is top notch and is one the most scrutinized conservation programs in the world. The 41 polar bears taken by U.S. hunters in 2008 were all harvested under sustainable quotas in accordance with sound conservation practices. Before the listing, U.S. hunters who imported their polar bears into the U.S., each paid $1,000 to a fund used exclusively for polar bear research and conservation. Over the three decades that the program was in place, U.S. hunters contributed almost $1 million dollars to benefit the polar bear. Enactment of Senator Sullivan’s amendment would generate an additional over $40,000 for polar bear research and conservation, coming from U.S. importation fees.

One of the pintails SCDUCKS raised money to sat track, for Cornell U's pintail study flew farther North than any other pintail that they captured. All the way to Churchill Manitoba on Hudson Bay. Prime Polar Bear country. Of course some of the idiots on here these days would argue that a corn fed duck could not have possibly had the nutrition to migrate that far. (The bird weighed more than any other bird captured and migrated the farthest)

Anyway, I have always wanted to head up there since. Whack a polar bear? Perhaps. If it was trying to whack me or someone else. Or just needed whacking. Sure...

Jab... You sound sexually frustrated with that last sentence. I am confused and a bit worried.

He's problaby been talking with Lab...

Yea like you never whacked off about a polar bear. I think its safe to say that it is perfectly natural and we have all done it
    Quote Originally Posted by marsh chicken View Post
    Jab... You sound sexually frustrated with that last sentence. I am confused and a bit worried.

Quote Originally Posted by scbulldog View Post
    Yea like you never whacked off about a polar bear. I think its safe to say that it is perfectly natural and we have all done it
    Once, but I was a teenager and confused.

I admit I have a soft spot for polar bears since they brought those first ones into Riverbanks Zoo in Hell. (Columbia SC)

Good stuff for sure. Just once huh?
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

All I want to know is what kind of carcass that bear in the pic is eating.

Gator.

I've got a pic of my father standing next to a polar bear mount. The booger was eating like a big fat seal, there were some artic foxes watching him eat. Who ever it was shot them too, they're all stuffed in the same big ass mount.

I wanna see that one. I am trying to think who it was that whacked em...

I mean I'm all twisted on it. It was cool, but also enormous, like fucking huge in a gaudy way.

Yes. For sure. I really would not want to. But, I would, if given an easy excuse like it looked at Millington wrong or something.

I'll drop by the office then find it and take a pic. It was at the Pawling Mountain club.

Millington says fuck that, he can handle his bidness...

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I'll drop by the office then find it and take a pic. It was at the Pawling Mountain club.
    I remember the story from way back it seems.

Ha @ Millington.
    Last edited by Highstrung; 07-28-2017 at 10:04 PM.

I thought about it because I finally had some time to catch up with shit, like cleaning my desk. It looks all spiffy until you pull out a drawer. I went through it and found an ass of pictures, the last pics I have taken by a real camera.

Look forward to it. I did the same recently and found a trove of pics of dead shit that amazed me. 20 years ago I would have been scanning and posting like my life depended on it...