Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Trail cam

I run lithium batteries in the browning.. and mine have been picky with SD cards, "card lock" errors. But blowing on the card reader has helped.

Hope those little tips help.

I have 5 Stealths and a Moultrie Game Spy 2 Plus out and never a problem.

Stealth Cam 42ng is the best camera I have ever used. NG stands for no glow and works extremely well. Run mine on the 10 second video mode. Amazing what you miss when just one picture is taken.

I have the browning strike force out now. 1st set of batteries lasted from August until January. Second set went in in February and still showing 85% battery life. Maybe I got lucky with all 4 of them. I had good luck with the old primos but it pooped after 2 seasons. New primos, Wild game, bushnell, moultrie, stealth cam never made it a full season for me.
    "George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them."

I will say I watched a doe stand in front of one of the brownings in April and it never took a pic. Not sure if any of them are 100% perfect. I also believe most are pre set to crap out after a certain time frame or pic count. If 1 lasted for 10 years then there would be no reason to buy them and with the amount you see on the shelves now days somebody is buying them.
    "George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them."

I've had a Wildgame Innovations camera and feeder and both are pieces of crap. I need to try the Brownings, but, I've had pretty good luck with Stealth and Moultrie. Seems like Stealth need to be mounted lower than Moutries to pick up movement correctly.

I run Moultries. In the last two Octobers, all my cameras got ruined (Flood and Hurricane). I sent both sets back to Moultrie with a letter about natural disasters, etc. Within a week, new cameras were sitting on my doorstep each time, no questions asked. Also, when you call customer service or tech support, you're talking to a guy named Larry in Alabama (not Akmed in Sri Lanka). Food for thought....
    "My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-bitch." - Jack Nicholson

Anyone had any Success in using the Moulmein modems?

Quote Originally Posted by TJ_11 View Post
    I run lithium batteries in the browning.. and mine have been picky with SD cards, "card lock" errors. But blowing on the card reader has helped.

Hope those little tips help.
    What is it like blowing on a Nintendo game?

Quote Originally Posted by Tugted312 View Post
    What is it like blowing on a Nintendo game?
    Used the air compressor after trying like a Nintendo game.

Quote Originally Posted by BMAC_ducks View Post
    What about cabelas cameras. I had an issue with one and returned it for a new one no questions asked. They're all going to shit the bed, I'll take a no questions asked warranty.
    I've been using the Cabelas cameras for the last 5 years.......all 6 of them are still going strong. They don't eat batteries...2 of them have been underwater on multiple occasions and still keep working. I have the least expensive model....find it on sale for $99 all the time. Hard to beat in my opinion.

I just bought two of those Bushnells that GutPile posted for $214. In store pickup. There's a $20 off coupon on the website today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

I pay attention to trailcampro.com. Their reviews are top notch. They review every camera that comes out and give detailed instructions on how they do it. The trail cam of 2017 is the browning strike force hd pro at $150. That camera is rated as high as cameras that cost twice it's cost. It is an upgrade of the strike force from last year.

I picked up a moultrie a series 14mp for $80 at dicks even cane with a card and batteries. Its also setup for the whole sending pics to your phone thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ran a primos truth cam for 5yrs before it quit. I just bought another one this weekend.

I've been given two wild game innovations and neither were worth a wooden nickel
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Buckeye for anything over 3 cameras and a "network" of cameras is to be established.

Under 3 cameras Reconyx
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

Quote Originally Posted by TheVisorGuy View Post
    Mine as well. Stay away from primos. I haven't had much luck with them. I keep trying all the others but keep coming back to moultrie, Cuddeback and bushnell
    Had the same problem until I tried lithium batteries, well worth the little bit extra.

Quote Originally Posted by SOUTHERN WOODS View Post
    Had the same problem until I tried lithium batteries, well worth the little bit extra.
    Good to know
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

As an update, I'm fucking done with Brownings. Had another one crap out on me yesterday, that's the second one in 3 weeks......
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    As an update, I'm fucking done with Brownings. Had another one crap out on me yesterday, that's the second one in 3 weeks......
    how are the bushnells you bought?