Thread: 10 Round Ladder Test

Default 10 Round Ladder Test

I've spent a ton of time and money (components) in the past looking for THE LOAD in a rifle. I've started using this method for all of my precision loads and it works. These guys have a ton of good info on their site and Scott Satterlee is a long range guru. This is a good method even if you don't shoot long range but want to optimize your rifle and load combos potential without spending a ton in time and reloading components. My 6.5 Creedmoor would shoot sub MOA over a 2 grain spread at 100, 200 and 300 yds, where I was doing my load testing, but past 8-900 my accuracy fell off and I couldn't pin down exactly what it was. I was getting hits, just not consistent enough. In the past few months I've changed a couple of things I do at the bench and then started relying more on my Magneto Speed more than group size to tell me what will be an accurate load at long range.

http://www.65guys.com/10-round-load-...t-ladder-test/
    Last edited by FLS; 07-20-2017 at 07:34 AM.

65 guys have a ton of good info
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

Yup, I've learned a lot on their site. And they convey the info without the air of expertise. Just a couple of average guys that like to shoot.

Good to Know! Makes sense.

Good post

You using a mag speed or lab radar?
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

Magneto speed. Haven't had a chance to play with a Lab Radar yet. I like the fact that you don't clamp it to your barrel.
    Last edited by FLS; 07-21-2017 at 06:44 AM.

Friend of mine has the Labradar. He's offered to let me try it. Think I'll take him up on it.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen