Thread: Retriever club in Bowman area?

Default Retriever club in Bowman area?

Also, I'm not sure I really understand how a retriever club works aside from hosting tests, trials, and training days. Is it a physical location where you can take your dog to train whenever you like? I want to run my dog in some hunt tests this year and would appreciate some advice on what to expect from more experienced people.
    Thanks
    Chris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.”

If you are in Bowman, Charleston or columbia would be your closest/best bet.

Quote Originally Posted by baydog View Post
    If you are in Bowman, Charleston or columbia would be your closest/best bet.
    Yeah that's what I figured. I was just hoping there was something closer. Thanks
    Chris

“To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.”

I would think retriever clubs work like most clubs in that they are filled to the brim with ego, white trash, and gold chains.

There was a fella named Doar that used to live on the other side of 26 from Bowman that was big in training labs. He would head north every summer and come back south in the winter with his dogs. I'd say to find him but I'm mot sure he is still around. His place was not far from Hugh Weathers'.
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.

Oh okay. Thanks man. I'm not sure where Hugh Weathers lives but maybe I'll see Doar post on here!

Call Rhett riddle. Hes the best around you. Find a good pro that don't mind you hanging out and don't be a douche bag. CBSRC is a really good active club but is more in the upstate and northeast Georgia when we do training days.

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    I would think retriever clubs work like most clubs in that they are filled to the brim with ego, white trash, and gold chains.
    "Da Bowman Ratrieva' Club" is similar, add Colt 45 and some scratch off tickets, they meet at the UFO on weekdays during normal bidness hours.

Quote Originally Posted by TurkeyTrax View Post
    Call Rhett riddle. Hes the best around you. Find a good pro that don't mind you hanging out and don't be a douche bag. CBSRC is a really good active club but is more in the upstate and northeast Georgia when we do training days.
    Thanks!

His name is bach doar. He has slowed down to just his regular old customers. He is in his 80s now