Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Diesel Truck

KRT,
    What's the info on that 2016 F250?
    “You must teach your children that the ground beneath their feet is the ashes of your grandfathers. So that they will respect the land, tell your children that the earth is rich with the lives of our kin. Teach your children what we have taught our children, that the earth is our mother. Whatever befalls the earth befalls the sons of the earth. If men spit upon the ground, they spit upon themselves.”

~Chief Seattle ~

pm me your #
    More fuel = more boost!!

It has black wheels but I still have the stock ones
    More fuel = more boost!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DURAMAX!!

Buy a Toyota Tundra with the 5.7 and put gas in it.

Oh dear baby jesus!
    Non Supporting Member

There's a reason KRT loves diesels.

Same reasons I love it when you goobers go and buy mastiffs, english bulldogs and the likes.

From what you'll get out of a diesel vs gas and what you'll pay for the two in my opinion and experience when I was in your shoes is your better off going the diesel route.
    Non Supporting Member

Damn that is slick. I'd replace those seats with the leather seats out of the 200-2006 model chevys though. Or maybe the 1995 bronco seats.
    Sea Ark 1542 w/ Yamaha 40
    Xpress 16 w/ 50 Hammer
    War Eagle 15 w/ 30 Hammer

--------------------------------------------------

"Sometimes you gotta grab the bull by the horns and the women by the tits and take charge in your life" - General Patton

"I'm very drunk and I intend on getting still drunker before this evening's over."
    - Rhett Butler

KRT. What does said vehicle look like?
    Last edited by jmjsc; 07-20-2017 at 12:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckin Bronco View Post
    Damn that is slick. I'd replace those seats with the leather seats out of the 200-2006 model chevys though. Or maybe the 1995 bronco seats.
    I'd paint that tucker khaki and buy my first diesel.

Delete if you plan to keep it.
    Last edited by wdhigh; 07-21-2017 at 06:35 PM.

Sucks to drop thousands on a delete when you just spent $60-$70 on a brand new truck.

I went from Deisel back to gas and am honestly pretty damn happy. My GMC tows my boat surprisingly well and I have no real complaints.

If you are going to only tow 8 times a year, think real hard about it before pulling the trigger. How much does your trailer weigh?

Unloaded, the 2500 trucks ride much stiffer and are a bitch navigating around town. The cost of maintenance is more, but I think longer intervals offset some of that. However, when something breaks, it's usually damn expensive.

Anyway, I'm happy with my swap back to gas.

90% of diesel owners probably don't need a diesel, me included but damn I love a diesel truck with black wheels.....
    More fuel = more boost!!

Me too
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    Sucks to drop thousands on a delete when you just spent $60-$70 on a brand new truck.

I went from Deisel back to gas and am honestly pretty damn happy. My GMC tows my boat surprisingly well and I have no real complaints.

If you are going to only tow 8 times a year, think real hard about it before pulling the trigger. How much does your trailer weigh?

Unloaded, the 2500 trucks ride much stiffer and are a bitch navigating around town. The cost of maintenance is more, but I think longer intervals offset some of that. However, when something breaks, it's usually damn expensive.

Anyway, I'm happy with my swap back to gas.
    I did the same thing.

Drove diesels for 15-16 years when I was trailering big boats, 7.3, 6.0, 6.6...then went to a 5.0 f150(that was absolutely useless) for a couple years and went back to a gas GMC. The diesel is great the couple times a year that you actually need it, but I can rent one and drive it like I stole it when I need one and turn that bucket of problems back in and let some other poor sap deal with the emissions and cooling problems. The other 50 weeks out of the year the gas is just fine and considerably cheaper to run....all the way from initial acquisition costs to maint to the fuel/DEF you burn every day.

My company has upwards of 60 trucks ranging from 3/4 ton to Class A rigs. Every 3/4 and 1 ton truck I have purchased in the past 2-2.5 years has been gas. If you need a diesel for work like we do, it needs to be in a 350-550 platform anyway. The problems I see in our fleet of late model diesels is mind boggling. Ford 6.0, 6.4, and 6.7 all have problems....D-maxx is the same thing. Everything is emissions related...DEF deletes, EGR bypass/deletes, cooling systems, etc. These are not 500-800 dollar fixes....2.5-3k at a pop. Just to get the damn things to run like they are supposed to in the first place. $150 services(performed by my staff mechanic...that's just fluids and filters) and more expensive fuel. Now compare my maint numbers on my gas trucks(GM 6.0, 6.2 Ford 6.2, and Ram 5.7) to the diesels and your head will explode. The GM 6.0 gas engines run forever! $30 oil change and maybe a couple knock sensors and that's it....and my guys can tear up an anvil with a rubber mallet. We have 250k mile 6.0 trucks that I would leave for Arkansas in tomorrow and have 6.6 and 6.7 diesels that I wouldn't drive to lunch in today.

Sure yall are going to puff out your chest say "but, but, but..... they don't have any power".....Bullshit. If you think you need a diesel just to be able to drag your glitter boat, bay boat or jon boat around the southeast, then by all means go ahead and buy your bro-dozer, drop the ass end, throw a cone in the back, and roll all the coal you like sitting in front of your single wide. You'll be like our resident jarhead looking to buy a mo-ped so as not to put miles on a whooptie ass diesel he cant keep running. If you are pulling 10k plus pounds every week that's one thing...pulling 8k pounds two-three times a year??? You're just looking for an excuse to have a perceived status symbol.

The numbers aren't always "cool" but they never lie.

Quote Originally Posted by KRT View Post
    90% of diesel owners probably don't need a diesel, me included but damn I love a diesel truck with black wheels.....
    50% of the time I don't need one but I'm glad to have it when I do. How hard is it to go back to gas, I had a 98 K 2500 with the 6.5L in it. At 50K I was working on the 3rd set of injectors, it got 9 mpg and wouldn't pull a wet noodle out of a cat's ass. I traded it on a 2000 F350 with the 7.3, that was a badass truck. I tried to go back to gas and a 1/2 ton, it lasted about 2 months. The RAM I have now is the best towing vehicle I have ever driven and doesn't have a bad ride at all even unloaded.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Once you go diesel you can't go back....
    More fuel = more boost!!

Diesel trucks cost more on the lot. Cost more at the pump. Cost more to service. Parts are ridiculous expensive. In my opinion a diesel truck is pointless unless you are using it to make money to recoup all the cost associated. But if you dont mind pulling out the checkbook go for it.