Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Diesel Truck

Default Diesel Truck

Looking to possibly get a diesel truck. Leaning toward a 2016 Ford F250 Lariat with a 6.7L engine to pull a camper, possibly 8 times a year to Western NC
    . Any pros or cons would be helpful, I have never owned a diesel truck.
    “You must teach your children that the ground beneath their feet is the ashes of your grandfathers. So that they will respect the land, tell your children that the earth is rich with the lives of our kin. Teach your children what we have taught our children, that the earth is our mother. Whatever befalls the earth befalls the sons of the earth. If men spit upon the ground, they spit upon themselves.”

~Chief Seattle ~

Pros:

You'll never go back to a gas pickup.

Cons:

They're more expensive to maintain.
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Go tigers!

If you have a good idea of how many times a year you will need it go price a rental for those times and see if the maintenance fees out weight the rental cost.

Buy one with a Cummins in it.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Buy the extended warranty and trade out of it before warranty expires. This is my advice for any make. The emissions regulations don't allow these trucks to go forever anymore IMO. Having said that I cant ever see myself back in a gas truck.

You will need to buy black rims right away or the truck won't drive properly.

I did the same thing. I went used and got burned, but I knew that was a possibility going in. As has been said the maintenance is alot more and everything on these trucks is stupid expensive. But for pulling a camper the power is really nice and you will never go back. It has made us use our camper more.

So let me get this right:

• More expensive than gas trucks
    • More expensive to maintain
    • Trade out of it before warranty expires
    • Used and got burned
    • Everything on these trucks is stupid expensive
    • Emissions regulations don't allow these trucks to go forever anymore

But no one would ever go back to a gas truck. WHY?
    “You must teach your children that the ground beneath their feet is the ashes of your grandfathers. So that they will respect the land, tell your children that the earth is rich with the lives of our kin. Teach your children what we have taught our children, that the earth is our mother. Whatever befalls the earth befalls the sons of the earth. If men spit upon the ground, they spit upon themselves.”

~Chief Seattle ~

Tim Taylor voice say it -more power
    Best options for hauling loads. I have had them all. Ford, chevy ram. Hands down favorite is ram. Then a ford. Krt can fix anything though.
    Quote Originally Posted by BOG View Post
    Tip:
    Although it is natural for you and seems to be out of your hands, try to suppress your natural inclination towards dumbassedness and do some research of your own.I wish you luck.
    Tekton Game Calls
    http://tektongamecalls.com

Don't be afraid of used. Just research the years. Buy one with correct mileage. All 4 of the Fords I've had were used, never had a single issue. The only new diesel I ever bought was a Cummings and that's the one I had trouble with.

I went back to gas.
    About to go back to diesel.

I'm looking at 2009-2014 fords and dodges.
    Last edited by jay12clay; 07-20-2017 at 07:04 AM.

Buy one. Delete it and learn how to change the oil and fuel filters yourself. If you can't handle that then you're a woman. I'll never go back
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

Buy the Ford and never look back. Don't buy a ram, they are crap. We have 2 that are in and out of the shop every 2-3 weeks.Delete it immediately and it will treat you well.

Oh and gas trucks suck.
    For the ducks

Quote Originally Posted by jay12clay View Post
    Don't be afraid of used. Just research the years.
    Agreed. Do your research and have some money set aside in case something happens. And I second the delete. Which is not something to want to do to a brand new truck under warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    Buy one. Delete it and learn how to change the oil and fuel filters yourself. If you can't handle that then you're a woman. I'll never go back
    This is pretty close to perfect.
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Go tigers!

I have no issues changing oil and filters, but what do you mean by delete it?

~Chief Seattle ~

Quote Originally Posted by ftroop82 View Post
    I have no issues changing oil and filters, but what do you mean by delete it?
    Emissions stuff. It varies by motor, but voids the warranty. But basically you are taking the emissions stuff off that has made these motors less reliable.

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    Why don't you fix the tire pressure light on yours?
    More fuel = more boost!!

I have a 16 F250 mint, come get it.
    More fuel = more boost!!

I mean who da fuck needs all that tire pressure shit.
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.