Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nock Tracker

I'll have some of whatever Palmetto Bug is smoking.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Other than a big doe once, the only times I can remember having an arrow stay in the deer were all spine shots and the deer didn't go anywhere. Now hogs is a different story. I think just about every damn hog I've killed broke the arrow.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungBuckTX View Post
    Pods bro
    I was waiting on this...suprised it took this long to come up.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

I'm not gonna use a damn cell phone blue tooth thingy to show me that my arrow is buried 6 inches into the ground 3 feet past where that ole nanny was standing. Now I see a lot of tv "celebs" that could benefit from this. I mean shit, most of their arrows look like they bout bounce off or only get about 1/4 penetration. Heaven forbid they get a pass thru.

Check out Dan Fitzgeralds, " Down for the count" video. I mean Bob Foulkrod already pimped out the game tracker product back in the early 90's. That was back when they used bag phones and pagers, no blue tooth.......Just follow the string son!!

The concept is very intriguing for sure, but as Pharmhunter said it is backwards.

I'm not opposed to tracking with any means that gives me a edge. 100 yards isn't far in a strait line, but 100 yards in the dark when a deer can tun 5 different times going different direction and little blood to follow is a very long way.
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post
    Even if the arrow falls out or breaks off, which usually happens, finding the arrow 20-50 yards away gives the hunter a line and a good place to pick up s decent blood trail.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    This here is the only benefit I see. There are plenty of times I wish I had known where the broken arrow was. That is beauty of lighted nocks at night. If this works I see it as tool to speed recovery not help find deer you normally would not. I have patience tracking a doe with a nice buck I get antsy to get on the blood trail.
    Last edited by Bigtimber2; 07-19-2017 at 09:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wiz18 View Post
    Adding weight to the wrong end of the arrow is a terrible idea.
    not completely true
    Member of the Tenth Legion Since 2004

It would be good for hogs.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk