Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nock Tracker

Default Nock Tracker

Knowing how finnicky the blue tooth on my phone can be I'm highly skeptical
    "I swear if I found you in a marsh I don't know that I could keep myself from mud stomping you" -Griffin

Saw a thread on AT about this. I can't see the benefit.......
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Nope.

I am guessing a Rage shooter designed this.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtimber2 View Post
    I am guessing a Rage shooter designed this.

That's what I was thinking.

jwilliams is offline 2th Doc's Fishing understudy

Bwahahahahahaha
    Quote Originally Posted by bigtimber2 View Post
    i am guessing a rage shooter designed this.

Sent from my samsung-sm-g930a using tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Does Elton John know you have his shotgun?

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    Saw a thread on AT about this. I can't see the benefit.......
    The nock makes a sound, flashes a light and may be trackable with your phone's bluetooth and you see no benefit?

It sounds like a great idea to me. Not sure how much it costs and how durable it is but the concept is certainly appealing to me. I've lost deer before and it's a terrible feeling. If somebody makes a gizmo that helps to find a wounded animal quicker or keeps a dead one from going to waste, I'm all ears.

so I'm not much of a bow hunter.. but how many often do yall recover a deer with the arrow still in it? and Bluetooth max range is 100 yards.
    My Uncle and I talked about making something like this 5 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungBuckTX View Post
    so I'm not much of a bow hunter.. but how many often do yall recover a deer with the arrow still in it? and Bluetooth max range is 100 yards.
    My Uncle and I talked about making something like this 5 years ago.
    I'm not a bowhunter at all. So is the benefit of this is if a broadhead breaks off in the animal it can be tracked?
    Non Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by rodandgun83 View Post
    I'm not a bowhunter at all. So is the benefit of this is if a broadhead breaks off in the animal it can be tracked?
    No.
    Carolina Counsel

Theoretically if the arrow stays in the deer, you could track. I have shot a lot of stuff with a bow and only had two arrows not pass through.
    Carolina Counsel

Even if you hit a deer in the shoulder and the arrow doesn't pass through, the deer will most likely break the arrow off. So no I don't think this would be that useful, I'd much rather have a regular lighted nock.
    Last edited by Coastal Woodie; 07-18-2017 at 03:03 PM.

A standard nocturnal weight 20gn, so I'd imagine this weighs more. A standard nock weighs < 5gn. Adding weight to the wrong end of the arrow is a terrible idea.

They got it backwards in my opinion. Yall have already touched on the back end of the arrow breaking off etc. Seems the only possible benefit from a product "like this" would be to put the tracker on the Broadhead. In the event that it lodged and you didn't get a pass thru, it would be in the deer unlike the nock. I think that is stupid too, but one could make a case for the possible benefit and sell a good many I'm sure. Lots of idiots in the woods.

They are targeting the metro atlanta hunting community. Cant say id use it

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Bug View Post
    The nock makes a sound, flashes a light and may be trackable with your phone's bluetooth and you see no benefit?

It sounds like a great idea to me. Not sure how much it costs and how durable it is but the concept is certainly appealing to me. I've lost deer before and it's a terrible feeling. If somebody makes a gizmo that helps to find a wounded animal quicker or keeps a dead one from going to waste, I'm all ears.
    I've never recovered a deer that the arrow lodged in that the nock end of the arrow was still attached. Every one was either broken off or the nock came off somewhere in between where the shot was made and where the deer was recovered. So no, I see no benefit to it. Not to mention the added weight to the back end of the arrow is something I don't like. If I'm adding weight to my arrow somewhere, it's gonna be in the front, not the back.

Quote Originally Posted by tot View Post
    They are targeting the metro atlanta hunting community. Cant say id use it
    Lmao. Whatever happened to that film that was supposed to be coming out about the ATL neighborhood deers? Charlie something?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

If somebody figures an effective way to stick a radio tracking device in any game I've shot, I'll be first in line to buy one. I've lost deer before and it ain't a good feeling. I hate shooting any game and not recovering it.

They need to start thinking about the next iteration of this product. I'm thinking about maybe a drone that deploys at the shot and homes in on the nock bluetooth signal. It will need autonomous piloting capability with collision avoidance AI. Once it gets eyes on the wounded deer, it switches over to motion detection and perhaps thermal imaging, just in case the nock breaks loose. It follows the deer to the end of the trail then returns to the hunter to lead him back to the dead deer. It automatically downloads the recovery video and shares it on Facebook along with fly around video shots of the hunter's discovery and celebration.

I have no problem adopting any technology that helps me recover game after the shot. I would miss the excitement and anticipation of old school blood tracking though.

Pods bro

Even if the arrow falls out or breaks off, which usually happens, finding the arrow 20-50 yards away gives the hunter a line and a good place to pick up s decent blood trail.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk