Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Buck tags explained video.

There have always been specific days (Saturdays) when you could kill antlerless deer. The only thing is changed is that now, for every Saturday that used to be an antlerless day, you get a tag. In the past, if you did not kill a doe on that day, you missed out. Now, if you do not kill a doe on that day, that tag becomes invalid. It is no different than it ever was.

The 4 antlerless tags that you buy can still be used any day after 9/15.
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

JJ's posts in this thread are pretty similar to the video actually. I have no clue what the fuck we were talking about anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by JJ1965 View Post
    When you get within 30 days of expiration, it should show up. So, after August 3, you will be able to renew your combo license online. Mine expires 8/16/17, and it showed up yesterday online to allow renewal.
    Me has a PHD in BS.
    I just watched it, and I do not see what is so hard to understand. You get your tags. You kill a deer, you tag it with the appropriate tag. You take the deer to the processor. The only thing even slightly confusing was the last part about archery...it did take me two times to get that, but granted, I do not bow hunt so it did not apply to me. It seems pretty clear how its supposed to work.
    He could have done it faster, no doubt, but the message is pretty simple.
    Not supporting or opposing the ulterior motives behind the tagging system, all I am saying is that if you can't figure out how the tags are supposed to work, and get ticketed for not doing it right, you are too stupid to be walking around with a loaded gun in the first place. I understand people don't like it, but if you read the rules, its simple. There is no reason that you should ever get charged with a tag violation.
    Get the same dude that wipes your butt and programs your X-box and drives you to the store for beer and pretzels to tag your deer for you.

If you are not mentally capable to drive and obey the laws and safety rules, you can't get a driver license or drive. If you are not mentally capable of following the laws and rules of hunting, you should not get a hunting license or hunt.
    That explains all these non-driving morons I see out on the road every day.....

So, what you are saying is that the mentally challenged are not bound by the same laws as everyone else? No, I think not. You can't discriminate against anyone on account of their disability, but they are required to perform whatever the job description says. If not, you fire them, not because of the disability, but for cause. Same thing here. If a disabled person is able to do what is required, he or she can hunt. If they cannot follow the laws and requirements that govern the sport, they cannot.
    There have always been specific days (Saturdays) when you could kill antlerless deer. The only thing is changed is that now, for every Saturday that used to be an antlerless day, you get a tag. In the past, if you did not kill a doe on that day, you missed out. Now, if you do not kill a doe on that day, that tag becomes invalid. It is no different than it ever was.

If you skin and dress out your deer, who the hell is going to know if you kill one or hundred.

Holy shit, Einstein, I was being sarcastic. I am not 10 years old, I remember doe days. But it still begs the question as why the DNR feel like the people of SC can only kill a doe on a Saturday. Give us 8 doe tags, say the first 4 can be used anytime before Nov. 10, if Nov. 10 passes then they become invalid, but dont give us 8 doe tags then tell us we can only use them on 8 specific days.
    Last edited by SCswampCAT; 07-18-2017 at 10:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by uga_dawg View Post
    JJ's posts in this thread are pretty similar to the video actually. I have no clue what the fuck we were talking about anymore.
    PBiz is right. We just need to give everyone a mentally disabled hunting permit, and just let everyone kill anything they want, any time they want.

UGA, I will try to type slower so maybe you can keep up.
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

PBiz is right. We just need to give everyone a mentally disabled hunting permit, and just let everyone kill anything they want, any time they want.

Smartest thing you've typed all day...

KUDOS bra!
    Natural Born Killer Prostaff - Killing Tomorrow's Trophies Today...

TFC -"Be tough or get tough"

Conservation Permit Holder #5213

But really, what is I was like Sportin and had to Witness all day on Saturday?

How could I make my deer population dwindle if I couldn't hunt on doe days?

Release Coyotes?

Tags are discriminatory? Gold.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Honestly, tell me what the difference in killing a doe on a Tuesday rather than a Saturday is. Because if nothing changed, you still can only kill does on 8 saturdays, why the hell are they gonna issue doe tags? Issue buck tags only and quit wasting money.
    Last edited by SCswampCAT; 07-18-2017 at 10:40 AM.

Look at you and your big brain!!!

Wildlife Mgmt degree?

Quote Originally Posted by SCswampCAT View Post
    Issue buck tags only, quit wasting money.
    I agree, since there is a population decline and all..

We shouldn't be shooting does..

Quote Originally Posted by Timsmith View Post
    If you skin and dress out your deer, who the hell is going to know if you kill one or hundred.
    Ding ding ding

We have a winner
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Quote Originally Posted by PBiz View Post
    I agree, since there is a population decline and all..

We shouldn't be shooting does..
    Honestly PBiz, I havent kept up with all yall and where you stand on the tagging system, I have no clue whether or not youre being sarcastic or serious haha.

Honestly PBiz, I havent kept up with all yall and where you stand on the tagging system, I have no clue whether or not youre being sarcastic or serious haha.
    Quote Originally Posted by PBiz View Post
    Could't be more correct!!

The message is very simple..

Declining deer population propganda was used to implement a tag system that would take pressure off of the harvest of younger bucks, in hopes of South Carolina "growing" bigger bucks.. Bo
    ^

I'm actually shocked at some of the posts in here with all the lively debates we had.
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

110 or 220?

Just a step towards the goal. Statewide ban on baiting coming soon. We'll be able to pay as we play soon enough.

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

Honestly, tell me what the difference in killing a doe on a Tuesday rather than a Saturday is.
    I want to know the difference between killing the mom of next year's four-point now instead of just shooing next year's four-point then.

Of course, I know the difference...she won't be having next year's four point nor will she be having the year after that's four-point either.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Reb View Post
    No joke!

It seems like they could have just done - X number of tags per person. (which includes X - buck, X - quality buck, and X - doe tags). When you use them you are done.

Edit: Leave it to SC to make things complicated...they could've modeled the program after other deer tag issuing states that already have this figured out.
    For real