Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Home Warranty

Oh, they making money, rest assured. How many folks pay it for years and never call in a claim?
    I also have a ceiling fan in my family room, one of these tall ass ceiling that me on my 7 ft ladder cant even come close to reaching.
    I called it in and $125 later, had a new fan purchased and installed. I have had good experiences with it

Quote Originally Posted by DJP View Post
    OK. I can't help but write more.
    The providers do an excellent job excluding coverage for the most common causes. Read the fine print and you will find things like "refrigerator is covered but not icemaker," Plumbing is covered but not leaks associated with frozen pipes, invasive roots, or fixtures."

The only time it makes sense to me is when there is a buyer who knows nothing about home repair. That person wants a single number to call every time. They don't have a plumber, electrician, HVAC person they trust. They just have a magnet on their fridge from the home warranty company that they call whenever something breaks.

There are people who have "won" using the home warranties. It is a gamble, though.

Lastly, I will say this. If everyone was getting their money's worth, then the companies would be out of business. They have to pay for all of the overhead of running the company. That has to get paid before anything gets shelled out for your home repairs. If you don't want to pay for all of that overhead, then save your money and put it away for a rainy day.
    fair enough. well said. thanks
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.