Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will the real Slim Shady please stand up

Default Will the real Slim Shady please stand up

While we all recognize that Clemson will plummet from the top to a 10 win season, I wonder what SC fans see coming.

Jake Bentley, in what would've been his 8th grade year, was really good against defenses with no pulse. Against Clemson and Florida, he managed to lead his team to two (2) relevant first downs (relevant defined as achieved while his team was down less than 3 touchdowns).

So, who is Jake Bentley? Is he the dude that lit up UMass like a western flick or is he the wide eyed kid that made Tajh Boyd look like a pillar of confidence?

I think SC's lack of pass rush combined with their inability to defend anything will be a hinderance, but what if Bentley isn't what he's thought to be? It could be years of incompetence
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

I see the cocks are on your mind again....what happens if the upset comes in Columbia this year? Do yall taters crawl in a hole or still call yourselves National Champions? Just curious....

Jake Bentley should be in 9th grade still so to say the least he is impressive. Plus he and his weapons are "unstoppable".

Defense should be improved in the corners and safeties, Chris Lammons looked decent last year and is back. Skai Moore (team leading tackler in 2015 and was out all last year) is healthy and back at LB and has Bryson Allen-Williams and TJ Brunson at the other linebacker spots. Linebackers are the strong spot. Should be much improved and added speed. Jamarcus King is back also. Don't know what the defensive ends look like and that will be the key to the pass rush that has been missing.
    Have a few play makers back on offense with Deebo Samuels, Hayden Hurst, Bryan Edwards and Rico Dowdle. I really like the running back Ty'son Williams that transferred from UNC . He will be starting.
    Season opener is against NC State who is returning 16 starters and went to OT with Climp5in last season
    http://www.cbssports.com/college-foo...major-spoiler/
    Last edited by ecu1984; 07-14-2017 at 09:50 PM.

Always be NATIONAL CHAMPIONS Woodrow, NOT 1 time BUT 2. Get a life.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Clemson front line we crush him again this year. And Deon Cain will eat Carolinas secondary up.If we got a qb that can sling the ball Clemson will be just fine with the talent they have. People don't want to admit it but Clemson is loaded at every position. I say they may lose 1 or 2 games because of a qb slip up. But I'm willing to bet it won't be against the coots unless the whole team gets the flu.
    "I'm just a victim of a circumstance"

Quote Originally Posted by SCWOODROW View Post
    I see the cocks are on your mind again....what happens if the upset comes in Columbia this year? Do yall taters crawl in a hole or still call yourselves National Champions? Just curious....
    I live in Columbia and have a bunch of friends that care about SC football. They are on my mind because they are on my television nightly. I also have a lot of friends from the state of Kentucky that feel SC is sneaking up on the in an effort to surpass them for SEC east supremediocrity.

If SC happens to upset UGA, or FL, or Wofford in November, I would imagine that because a new National Champion had yet to be crowned, Clemson will still be the reigning national champion.

And, if you are a serious SC fan, as I suspect, Clemson's National Championship has been on your mind 24/7. You can either admit it, or keep lying to yourself.
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

Not going to throw Bentley under the bus, be surprised if this young man does not play on Sundays one day.

Frankly, USuC should have never thrown him to the wolves like they did this year

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Defense should be improved in the corners and safeties, Chris Lammons looked decent last year and is back. Skai Moore (team leading tackler in 2015 and was out all last year) is healthy and back at LB and has Bryson Allen-Williams and TJ Brunson at the other linebacker spots. Linebackers are the strong spot. Should be much improved and added speed. Jamarcus King is back also. Don't know what the defensive ends look like and that will be the key to the pass rush that has been missing.
    Have a few play makers back on offense with Deebo Samuels, Hayden Hurst, Bryan Edwards and Rico Dowdle. I really like the running back Ty'son Williams that transferred from UNC . He will be starting.
    Season opener is against NC State who is returning 16 starters and went to OT with Climp5in last season
    http://www.cbssports.com/college-foo...major-spoiler/
    If you have a sec, check out the video of undrafted Artavis Scott treating Lammons like a rented mule

Clemson10-2 or 11-1 regular season. USC 4-8 or 5-7 regular season. The season is in your favor for mor wins but Muschamp doesnt have a clue. And before you go and say that he is a great recruiter and all ,is that I believe he is but man he has neve had a offense worth a dang. He has recruited well at Florida ( top 5,7,and 9 class) but his offenses following each of those years were ranked like 97th , 98th, and 112th in the country. And everyone is riding bentley this year because of last years performance and that offense finished 115th in the country this past year. Coots have a long way to go

I noticed ecu56-7 didn't mention one single offensive lineman. That was the weak link last year and will be again this. NCSU may have the second best defensive line y'all face all year. Bobby Bentley is gonna sound like Major Harris's mom. "De' Killin my BABY!"
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

Quote Originally Posted by scandler View Post
    Clemson10-2 or 11-1 regular season. USC 4-8 or 5-7 regular season. The season is in your favor for mor wins but Muschamp doesnt have a clue. And before you go and say that he is a great recruiter and all ,is that I believe he is but man he has neve had a offense worth a dang. He has recruited well at Florida ( top 5,7,and 9 class) but his offenses following each of those years were ranked like 97th , 98th, and 112th in the country. And everyone is riding bentley this year because of last years performance and that offense finished 115th in the country this past year. Coots have a long way to go
    Yep to most of this. I just read an article calling out that UF won the east and is still playing with Muschamp's players

Quote Originally Posted by coot nasty View Post
    And Deon Cain will eat Carolinas secondary up
    "Eat them up" like they ate up Louisville, Troy, NC State, Fla State or Pitt? And those nail biters were with Watson.
    I really don't know the QB situation up thar and it could be awesome or be the biggest "hero to zero story ever.
    Looking forward to football season

Quote Originally Posted by scandler View Post
    How much of that was Muschamp and how much of that is UF being UF? Sakkerliner isn't nearly the name Florida is. Players look at playing in the swamp a lot differently than they do Columbia. Sakkerliner is going to suck balls again this year, y'all know it even if you won't admit it.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

I also think most folks think the Coots actually did better than anyone expected last year considering what Boom walked into and had to piece together.
    You idiots act like he has been in Columbia for years. Time will tell
    http://247sports.com/Article/South-C...-elit-52305630
    Last edited by ecu1984; 07-14-2017 at 11:06 PM.

The coots played in the worst DI division in one of the weakest conferences in college football. They sucked and they suck still.

Reposting
    "Eat them up" like they ate up Louisville, Troy, NC State, Fla State or Pitt? And those nail biters were with Watson

Clemson beat the number 1,2,3 ranked teams last season and the previous 3 national champions to win it all. It was almost as much fun as 56-7 and the ensuing bitch fest by the Carolina coaches and players about how Clemson disrespected them, they're gonna "circle this game on the calendar next year" and the whiny fucks even cried about racism. Carolina football was at rock fucking bottom last November.

But keep on discussing "nail biters" against mediocre teams because a 56-7 embarrassment makes your team look even worse.

Citadel.

To be good in Football period, it all starts on the Line of scrimmage. When SC was winning 10 games, they had great players on the Both sides and the complimenting offensive weapons. It's really that simple. Then Spurrier quit on us. And now we are recovering from the dumpster fire he created.

Like it or not, Clemson is a top tier team in college football.

that's the truth, and FYI,

FUK Jawga

I thought Jamarcus King quit football to join the rodeo.