Thread: NC kid is Gatorade national male athlete of the year

Default NC kid is Gatorade national male athlete of the year

Mackenzie Gore a left hand pitcher from Whiteville NC ( 50 miles from Myrtle Beach) won the Gatorade National high school male athlete of the year for 2017. Gore was a 3 time state champion MVP was drafted 3rd overall in last months MLB draft by the Padres. The kid is known for his high leg kick, mid 90s fastball as well as a nasty curve, change up and slider. Whiteville NC was the hometown of former Clemson football player Chester McGlockton and is known for its strong history in baseball.

My brother is a close friend to him and his family, , kid is top notch in every category
    "I am a man, not an animal and I always try to conduct myself accordingly. Doing anything less is just giving up and expecting (and being okay) with failure."
    Rubberhead

Real team focused from what I have hear. Even gave his state championship mvp trophy away to another player on his team after he won it last month. He felt the other kid deserved it more, wow!

He also had a 4.2 gpa, and just a good respectful kid,,,his parents raised him right, I hope he is successful
    "I am a man, not an animal and I always try to conduct myself accordingly. Doing anything less is just giving up and expecting (and being okay) with failure."
    Rubberhead

I coached against him when he played in the 11/12 state playoffs. He no hit us
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Had some others tell me about this kid, also followed by same statement that he is a top notch kid

Wish him well in MLB,

Sure is a very cool thing, my Secretary's Nephew was 1st round pick by Red Sox few years ago and is now in the bullpen for them. As she says it is "cool as shit to see your nephew on tv and have his own actual baseball card--she has card on her desk)

Keep us updated how his travels go, Matt (Matt Barnes) started out in Greenville and was only there for 5 starts and then moved to Pawtuckett. This will be his 2nd full year on ML roster
    Last edited by tprice; 07-14-2017 at 09:32 AM.

Is he a Lumbee?
    Natural Born Killer Prostaff - Killing Tomorrow's Trophies Today...

TFC -"Be tough or get tough"

Conservation Permit Holder #5213

"The Padres agreed with that assessment. A National Player of the Year award backed it. According to a source with direct knowledge, Gore, 18, received a $6.7 million signing bonus, the largest in franchise history."

WOW

Quote Originally Posted by tprice View Post
    "The Padres agreed with that assessment. A National Player of the Year award backed it. According to a source with direct knowledge, Gore, 18, received a $6.7 million signing bonus, the largest in franchise history."

WOW
    That's a whole lot of blow and hookers..

Quote Originally Posted by PBiz View Post
    Is he a Lumbee?
    Nope, no Lumbee in Whiteville. You have to go a little further west. He will get his first start Monday night in rookie game in Arizona.
    I found a lot of stuff on YouTube about him.
    Last edited by duckplucker; 07-14-2017 at 09:39 PM.

This Gatorade award couldn't have happened to a better kid Yall.

Gore got his first professional start Monday night. Pitched 2 innings, walked first batter he faced, struck out the next. Picked off the base runner on first that he walked earlier. Ended up pitching 2 scoreless innings, 2 strikeouts, 1 walk and 1 hit. Fastball was clocked at 96 mph. Pretty good for a 18 year old kid who was playing high school baseball a month ago.

Quote Originally Posted by PBiz View Post
    Is he a Lumbee?
    You mean Brass Ankle?
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a thought process better than the vast majority of you clemmings.