Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Boat Rail Brackets

Wiz - does it fit well? Does it match the angle of the rail? I suppose you could tweak the the angle of the bracket and make it sit flat if it didn't.....

BigBallin is offline prognosticator of prognosticators

aint nobody got a bench vice and a hammer no more...damnit....and this cheap shit is wearing on me...a rod holder....the defining link between you and the only reason you are there and wanna cheap out on it...Ill bet when you ask for shells from behind the counter you ask for whats cheap....damnit.....don't mind me, Im just annoyed at something completely different and unrelated but its way easier to break your ballz.
    You can grow up to be just like me....

Bo, I'm trying to afroengineer something instead of buying it. Surely you can appreciate that

Quote Originally Posted by Lightninn View Post
    Wiz - does it fit well? Does it match the angle of the rail? I suppose you could tweak the the angle of the bracket and make it sit flat if it didn't.....
    Fit is great. The carriage bolts monster sends are 1 size too big for mounting to the t rail, but I have that havoc hide rhino liner shit sprayed in mine, so they may fit if not sprayed. Quick trip to lowes and I was in business. I wanted the rods to be parallel with the water for trolling lead core, so I ordered their talon series, but they sell angled up holders for drifting. It is the best set I've found. I put a folded paper towel between the boat and bracket just to protect the finish, but a thin piece of rubber would work too. Or you could raw dog it. Overall I am extremely pleased with the set. They are hands down better than anything else I've seen on the market if you plan on abusing them.

Post some pics of store bought brackets. I may mass produce some this weekend and sell at inflated prices. The American way.

BigBallin is offline prognosticator of prognosticators

Quote Originally Posted by WNM View Post
    Bo, I'm trying to afroengineer something instead of buying it. Surely you can appreciate that
    i can...greatly, hence the bench vice comment...that and a street sign and you'll be dealin'.
    You can grow up to be just like me....

Quote Originally Posted by wiz18 View Post
    Fit is great. The carriage bolts monster sends are 1 size too big for mounting to the t rail, but I have that havoc hide rhino liner shit sprayed in mine, so they may fit if not sprayed. Quick trip to lowes and I was in business. I wanted the rods to be parallel with the water for trolling lead core, so I ordered their talon series, but they sell angled up holders for drifting. It is the best set I've found. I put a folded paper towel between the boat and bracket just to protect the finish, but a thin piece of rubber would work too. Or you could raw dog it. Overall I am extremely pleased with the set. They are hands down better than anything else I've seen on the market if you plan on abusing them.
    Thanks for the info. Any concern about the weld on the hex nut that you attach the rod holder? I was thinking of attaching extended rod holders which will have a lot more leverage when a fish is snatching on it!

Quote Originally Posted by Lightninn View Post
    Thanks for the info. Any concern about the weld on the hex nut that you attach the rod holder? I was thinking of attaching extended rod holders which will have a lot more leverage when a fish is snatching on it!
    I see no issue with it. This is a sturdier system than the driftmaster bolted to one of those brackets, which is really the only other option I've seen if you plan on using the T Rail. Call the guys at monster, 2 minutes and they will have you sold on their stuff. Super good people that take a lot of pride in their products

I ended up going for a custom solution. Started with a bulk stick of.aluminium t-rail material from a fellow SCducker and had the aluminum driftmaster v-round bases welded to it by a friend who has the right skills. Screwed in the 1/2" driftmaster Guide series rod holders.

It's probably inferior to the monster stuff but it seems to work for my purposes.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by willyworm; 07-15-2017 at 10:17 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

My current ones are made from an old street sign, but blue cats put a bend in the thin aluminum.

Willyworm, those look like the ticket. Anymore of that material left?

I'll make them , how many you need, have .080 and 1/8 which do you prefer ?

I do but it's not for sale. Saving it for future endeavors. You can possibly do some research on here, someone used to have a link to the site that sells it in sticks.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by willyworm; 07-15-2017 at 10:04 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

I went with the base brackets from Monster Rod Holders. They are very well made and I see no issue with them bending or failing. 1/8" thick stainless with tig welded stainless 1/2"-13unc hex nut.