Thread: Prop For 25 Yamaha 4 stroke

Default Prop For 25 Yamaha 4 stroke

It can't be as hard as it seems. Google searches are making my eyes cross. What's the best way to go? Couple things, I don't want a stainless steel prop. I don't know if it matters but the boat is in salt water 90% of the time. I don't care about speed much, but if I can get a few more mphs out of it I wouldn't be mad. I'm not trying to spend a mint. I get the feeling I'm making this harder than it is. All advice and suggestions are appreciated.
    "Never Trust a Skinny Chef."

you're making this harder than it is....but just wait for the prop police to come on here and start talking spline and weird shit like that.... then bubba will come on here and they can compare how fast they got with the such-n-such prop. its like a calling card and scent for all of sumter. just mention props and they come out the woodwork.

i am of NO help to you....in case you were wondering.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

I bought aluminum one off ebay for F30, think it was about $90. I don't have a tach or know how many rpms I'm doing

you obviously aint from sumter
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

You're going to need a tech, like a tiny one. Until then you're just winging it. Wot
    Last edited by Highstrung; 07-17-2017 at 12:02 PM.

a tiny tech. is that like a midget mechanic?

On my little war eagle with a 25 ( straight to transom no jack plate), the fastest prop I've run is a 13p Yamaha Black stainless weedless design. Bumps 36 by myself, runs 29 with me another person, deep cycle battery and trolling motor up front, and a cooler. Slowest prop I've used is an 11p stainless Solas new Saturn. It's got too big of a diameter to go fast but turns higher rpms with a load. I've experimented with 3 different aluminum props on my boat and they all ran about the same. Not real fast and not real slow. Get a factory aluminum replacement or a Solas. What kind of boat do you have?
    Last edited by tman; 07-18-2017 at 11:44 AM.
    "Hunt today to kill tomorrow." - Ron Jolly

should be able to find a factory Yamaha aluminum one someone took off to replace with a stainless. PM trashduck, he may have one laying around or check with little harvey. If you change your mind on the stainless, buddy of mine put a Yamaha 12 pitch performance stainless on his 4 stroke 25 and picked up 4 mph over the factory aluminum one.
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

Phoneman just made me realize what I needed to do all along....... To be continued in the trading post.
    "Never Trust a Skinny Chef."

you are welcome!
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.