Thread: Cutting millet and staying legal?

Default Cutting millet and staying legal?

Is it legal for me to mow rows into millet and still be able to hunt over the field? Someone educate me.

Thanks
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

Yes for doves.

Yes, as long as it was grown on the field your hunting. You can mow it, plow it, burn it, etc. Just can't add anything to it.
    Warning: The Surgeon General has determined that turkey hunting is an addictive activity that will disrupt normal sleep patterns!

Thanks. Just wanted to make sure I was in the clear.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

Just be sure not to put water on it and try to shoot ducks.....
    When in doubt, shoot him again!

Work like it's all up to me, but pray, like it's all up to him!

No worries there.

Trying rice in the duck hole for the first this year anyhow.

Quote Originally Posted by HEAD View Post
    Just be sure not to put water on it and try to shoot ducks.....
    You need to be careful if you manipulate a dove field anywhere on the same property if you also use other parts of the property to hunt ducks.

Will keep that in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by smallwater View Post
    You need to be careful if you manipulate a dove field anywhere on the same property if you also use other parts of the property to hunt ducks.
    wha?

I swear you people overthink lots of pretty simple stuff.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by smallwater View Post
    Better not put out deer corn on the same property then
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    wha?

I swear you people overthink lots of pretty simple stuff.
    I got a warning ticket for turkey hunting 1.5 miles away from the residue of a deer feeder I had dumped a month earlier because it was the same tax map number.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Bug View Post
    I got a warning ticket for turkey hunting 1.5 miles away from the residue of a deer feeder I had dumped a month earlier because it was the same tax map number.
    It was a warning citation. Therefore, not worth fighting.

If it were a points violation, you would've been fighting the shit out of it.
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Go tigers!

The only reason he wrote a warning ticket was because he was embarrassed that he set up a sting with two other officers to catch me baiting turkeys. The oats that he found turned out to be left over from dissolved horse shit from the riders that used my property.

The only reason he wrote a warning ticket was because he was embarrassed that he set up a sting with two other officers to catch me baiting turkeys. The oats that he found turned out to be left over from dissolved horse shit from the riders that used my property.
    Damn, that made me laugh. I'll have to remember that one. Not saying it isn't true or what not. I can just picture some of the older good ole boys I know say some shit like that.

Half the time they write them to document that they were working.

Have you met many of our DNR officers? I appreciate most of what they try to do. But my friend once told one he hadn't gotten his federal stamp in the mail that year since he had a lifetime SC Lic when we were checked for hunting early season geese and they said OK and let him go not even a warning. Speaking of, go hunt geese in a dove field and see what you get or ducks on a pond beside a dove field. Cant manipulate for waterfowl. Then again I got checked in a dove field hunting geese that had cut and raked I to rows of millet and bales standing all over the field and the warden didn't say shit. That was before I knew better. Many do not know the rules worth a damn is all I'm saying.
    \"We say grace and we say maam, if you ain\'t into that, we don\'t give a damn.\" HW Jr.

I know a few. One of them needs to have his badge revoked and needs to spend a stint in jail for perjury.

I'm as law abiding as I can be, especially with respect to game laws, but the run-ins I've had with a few wardens has stained my outlook on the whole lot of them. I'm sure most are good but the very limited number of interactions I've had compared to the performance of the officers involved would skew anybody's perception. I try to be optimistic and force myself to believe the ones I dealt with are mere aberrations but it's very hard to trust or advocate for them when you've been abused by the system.

I know a few. One of them needs to have his badge revoked and needs to spend a stint in jail for perjury.

I'm as law abiding as I can be, especially with respect to game laws, but the run-ins I've had with a few wardens has stained my outlook on the whole lot of them. I'm sure most are good but the very limited number of interactions I've had compared to the performance of the officers involved would skew anybody's perception. I try to be optimistic and force myself to believe the ones I dealt with are mere aberrations but it's very hard to trust or advocate for them when you've been abused by the system.
    Considering your location, one of those mere aberrations wouldn't have the initials of BD would they?

Quote Originally Posted by mud ugh View Post
    Considering your location, one of those mere aberrations wouldn't have the initials of BD would they?
    Nope but I'll add those initials to my watch list.