Thread: Deer Stand Camo

Default Deer Stand Camo

Looking to redo some camo on a few tower stands before the season starts. Just wanted to see what some of you guys are using. Looking for something breathable so its not a sauna and also not trying to break the bank. Usually use burlap or something similar.

Any suggestions?
    Last edited by Birchwood2; 07-10-2017 at 07:24 AM.

Tennis court netting. It's black and breathable. You can always zip tie a piece of tank netting strip etc to break up the black if you want.
    More fuel = more boost!!

I've used Wallie World camo burlap and faced it with a Army camo netting. The burlap backing keeps the netting from catching on everything I wear and tote up in the stand. But Army netting can be high as hell.

Although it's NOT what you want if you want breathable, I have a friend that swears by the plastic erosion control stuff they use at construction sights that's staked in place. He uses it as a backer with netting - it's wind resistant, and never rots.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

Thanks for the input guys. I have used heavy plastic material similar to the erosion stuff and it gets hot as hell in there. Thinking burlap and some camo netting will be the best option.

Geo technical construction fabric. It's cheap and it last forever.
    Last edited by Swamp Rat; 07-10-2017 at 10:40 AM.

Swamp rat asked where I got the material. I get it from my uncle because he does construction. However you can order it in large rolls on line or I think lowes even has it. Just make sure it's a fiber type and not that plastic shit.

Here is one place.

https://jet.com/product/detail/6ce7e...3-d097f0ade93e

Keep in mind that's 12.5' wide by 100' long that will wrap an ass of stands. Or stands are 6' tall and I cut the width in half. Also it comes in shorter length and different widths.
    Last edited by banded_mallard; 07-10-2017 at 11:04 AM.

Santee11 has the best stuff ever.

His dad found it.

I've been after him to get some for me.
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

Old trampoline material. Side enclosure, or floor.

Landscape fabric that is made for weed control. It comes in biodegradable or perennial/permanent. I spray paint it camo after tacking it up. It blocks wind more than I like so I cut slits in it usually. It takes more than one layer to effectively hide movement.
    Last edited by Palmetto Bug; 07-10-2017 at 12:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by banded_mallard View Post
    Swamp rat asked where I got the material. I get it from my uncle because he does construction. However you can order it in large rolls on line or I think lowes even has it. Just make sure it's a fiber type and not that plastic shit.

Here is one place.

https://jet.com/product/detail/6ce7e...3-d097f0ade93e

Keep in mind that's 12.5' wide by 100' long that will wrap an ass of stands. Or stands are 6' tall and I cut the width in half. Also it comes in shorter length and different widths.
    Does it take paint well?
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

No it's all black but if the stand does not move I have never had a problem after its been there a couple weeks. Fuck all this trying to hide. If I'm hunting out of a box, I'm doe hunting anyway. If I'm horn hunting it's lock ons and climbers

Some of the other stuff mentioned may be cheaper, but if you want military grade camo that will last for 30-40 years, the Army/Navy store in Orangeburg sells the real stuff. I get it from the owner as he lives right beside where I hunt in Calhoun County. If you take Highway #6 at Exit 136 on I-26 and go towards St. Matthews, go less than a mile and turn left onto Honeysuckle Rd., his house is the first one on the right with an old airplane in his front yard. It is about $60 for a piece 18' x 18'. It can easily be cut to what you need.