Thread: Input on excell 1751 f4 prop choice

Default Input on excell 1751 f4 prop choice

2013 1751 excell f4
    2013 suzuki 70
    19 pitch powertech stainless

Looking to get more out of this outfit. Only getting 38 mph top speed with 2 130lb people and a 55 qt yeti. I have seen guys on here around santee saying there getting in the mid 40's+. With a 60 hp Yamaha 4 stroke. Just curious what set up there running...

Do you know your RPMs? That's really where you need to start.
    "Think A Guy Like Me Worries About Percentages?" Tin Cup

"Some get spiritual cause they see the light, and some cause they feel the heat" Ray Wylie Hubbard

"P.S. I love turkeys. Mostly just hate those who hunt em." Glenn

My buddy has that boat with a F60. He runs a 14p G prop at 42-44 mph

I've been impressed with this black stainless Yamaha prop on my boat. Slightly different rig- xpress 1650 w f70.
    Please support March of Dimes

www.marchforbabies.org/MadelineRai

Quote Originally Posted by Easy E View Post
    My buddy has that boat with a F60. He runs a 14p G prop at 42-44 mph
    What size gear case does that motor have?

Like JBK said, you gotta be able to see what your rpm is doing or else you're wasting your time and money and setting yourself for a lot of frustration.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by willyworm; 07-10-2017 at 07:29 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Thanks guys. Got a tach and harness on the way. Just recently got this boat and isn't equipped with a tach. I've tried a 16 pitch yamaha prop of my buddy's boat. It was on the Rev limiter before it ever got out the whole. I'll come back once I get the tach in and see what I'm working with thanks..

Quote Originally Posted by Easy E View Post
    Not gear ratio, what's the size 3.5"? 4"?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."

Quote Originally Posted by willyworm View Post
    Not gear ratio, what's the size 3.5"? 4"?

My bad, I misread your question. But I don't know which one he has. Hope this helps lol

39 really isn't a bad speed for that motor. The problem is your Suzuki is geared like a tractor, having 2.59:1 gear ratio. That's just not the most desirable ratio if you want to go fast.

Okay so I got my tach installed. Trimmed up running top speed 39 mph. I'm sitting at 5800-5900 rpm. And suggestions on a prop choice.

Looks like max RPM is 6000 for that motor.
    "Think A Guy Like Me Worries About Percentages?" Tin Cup

"Some get spiritual cause they see the light, and some cause they feel the heat" Ray Wylie Hubbard

"P.S. I love turkeys. Mostly just hate those who hunt em." Glenn

Saw where you said the prop is a power tech. Need more details. Power tech makes dozens of stainless props from 3 to 5 blades. What's the model#? Should be laser etched on the side between the blades.

Last edited by willyworm; 07-17-2017 at 12:38 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Lnr3r19psf115

From what I've read that Suzuki has 15 spline shaft and 4.25" gear case. Keep in mind going down in pitch will go up in rpm, assuming all other variables are the same.

Depending on where you live I'd try Sheep's black stainless. I think that prop compared to your current one has led surface area, which will reduce drag. And the 17 pitch might be just enough pitch to be you off your rev limiter.

Last edited by willyworm; 07-18-2017 at 12:44 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

sheep's 17p with smaller diameter vs his current 19p is going to get him away from bumping the rev limiter?....what am i not following here

Just got off the phone with power tech. They are telling me to go up in pitch wich will reduce my rpm's and gain on my topend speed. They also told me I'd I was not happy with the pitch I could return it un damaged in exchange for a diffrent pitch.

Don't mean to burst your bubble, but the guys at Powertech don't have a clue. They sell good props but the person that man's the phone/email don't know their BH from a hole in the ground
    "Hunt today to kill tomorrow." - Ron Jolly

i don't know jack about your set up but, 39mph with that PT 19p and heavy hull seems about right if you're reaching 5800-5900 rpm......might pick up a few more mph with higher pitch but a bitch to get out the hole.....i'm not near as knowledgeable at others on this thread with setup...glad to help though

Quote Originally Posted by cleancutredneck View Post
    sheep's 17p with smaller diameter vs his current 19p is going to get him away from bumping the rev limiter?....what am i not following here
    I was thinking his pitch was 16 for some reason. Yeah that wouldn't work.

Hell I got a 13x21 you can try. Got a 13x23 too.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]