Thread: Deep Drop Weights

Default Deep Drop Weights

Just got an electric reel and plan to do some deep dropping in the next few weeks. Anyone have a good source for 4 or 5 lb weights? Does that sound about the right size for 800ft+/-?

Eyebolts and a large soup can full of concrete.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Size will also depend on the current. We use 12 pounders in 800- 1000 ft in West End.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a thought process better than the vast majority of you clemmings.

find you some old window weights.

Thanks we are going to Hope Town first week of August. Never tried it before planning on staying in the 600-800 ft range. Do the soup cans not have too much of a flutter when dropping?

Window sash weights is what I grew up using back in the day. Dipped in plastikote....

Quote Originally Posted by Birchwood2 View Post
    Thanks we are going to Hope Town first week of August. Never tried it before planning on staying in the 600-800 ft range. Do the soup cans not have too much of a flutter when dropping?
    Flutter, a bit. You can make about 10 for $10.00.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Tire lead melted and poured into a Michelob ultra can works well. I recommend a stainless bolt if you plan on keeping them a while. Gonna have to melt some down that I used zinc eye bolts in and they are rusting to nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Birddawg View Post
    I dont know how it was done. For all I know that weird bastard that determined it's gender licked it.

Tackle room out of nc has it cheap. Free shipping over $50

Quote Originally Posted by FishSticker View Post
    Window sash weights is what I grew up using back in the day. Dipped in plastikote....
    This
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

The Bait Shack in Eutawville has em 5-15lbs.

Ask for Trey or Jamie.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

Tackle room x2

Find some big horse cock size rebar and weld eye on.

Thanks for all the replies. Never heard of window weights before. Going to try to find some of them or some #11 rebar, seems to about 5lbs/ft and will fit in a rod holder.

Quote Originally Posted by Jscrapmetal View Post
    Find some big horse cock size rebar and weld eye on.
    Don't forget to get weldable rebar