Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hot weather hunting

All my early season stands are in the shade and I bring cold water and a cold wash cloth to wipe my face and arms off when I get in the stand. Walking in I take my time and stay in the shade as much as possible to avoid smelling like a locker room.

I also wear shorts and a t shirt during bow season most of the time. Taking my boots off also helps a ton.

I have hunted naked a few times, but only when it gets close to 100 degrees.
    Thermacell is a must

I love hunting when it's hot. I wear shorts and flip flops to the stand to stay cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    Geez I'd hate to see you boys actually working outside in the summer time if sitting in a stand over heats your collective vaginas
    Only yankees complain about it being hot.

Quote Originally Posted by tot View Post
    Only yankees complain about it being hot.
    my man- I love it when the fucking Yankees can't even breath cause it's so hot- if it weren't for A/C we could be rid of most of those heathen liberal carpetbaggers- oh yeah- a special fuck you to ohio, new york and new jersery

No shit
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Habit View Post
    my man- I love it when the fucking Yankees can't even breath cause it's so hot- if it weren't for A/C we could be rid of most of those heathen liberal carpetbaggers- oh yeah- a special fuck you to ohio, new york and new jersery
    Amen
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    Geez I'd hate to see you boys actually working outside in the summer time if sitting in a stand over heats your collective vaginas
    Boom

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

Amen

Fuck.
    At least we made to July this year before the twice removed yankees started crying.
    Some cat bout monkeyed in May last year..

Amen

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by charlie horse View Post
    Fuck.
    At least we made to July this year before the twice removed yankees started crying.
    Some cat bout monkeyed in May last year..
    Here here, I coulda off'd about half of em these last 4 days working outside.

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

I work outside everyday in long sleeves so sitting in a deer stand in August does not bother me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    Literally translated to, "I smell like Scotch and Kodiak".
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

First 2 weeks is my favorite time to hunt I've killed some big bucks in august. Shorts short sleeve shirt and your snake boots is a must and fuck Ohioans.

I love the heat. I hiked 16 miles straight over the July 4th weekend carrying a backpack and ran 2-and-a-half miles this evening at 5:30 in 93 degrees. I think keeping comfortable outside when it's above 85 degrees and sunny is impossible but it is possible to keep yourself safe.

Start out well hydrated. I usually drink 20 ounces of something with electrolytes before I even start hiking. I carry a lot of water because it's scary how much a human can sweat. I was dropped off with five liters of water over the weekend and drank all but a few swallows during the 6 hour hike. I usually carry just water but have a couple of Gatorade packets just in case I need the sugar.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

Ive been in the construction industry for 20couple years and would like to add to the rubberheads list of things to do to beat the heat...tie your t shirt around your head, drink mountain dew, dill pickle sunflower seeds instead of ranch, eat water melon for lunch, go sit in the truck for a minute, make a store run for red or green Gatorades, drink lots of can beer the night before.. preferable with ICE in the name. A court date or flat tire will also keep you cool on a warm day.

Worked on an EPDM roof Monday around lunchtime, re-glazing two skylights and it was pretty warm up there.
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Think of the land deals you could get in Florida if we did not have AC. I had a long conversation with some folks the other day about the impact of air conditioning on the south.

Bunch of women up in here.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by charlie horse View Post
    Ive been in the construction industry for 20couple years and would like to add to the rubberheads list of things to do to beat the heat...tie your t shirt around your head, drink mountain dew, dill pickle sunflower seeds instead of ranch, eat water melon for lunch, go sit in the truck for a minute, make a store run for red or green Gatorades, drink lots of can beer the night before.. preferable with ICE in the name. A court date or flat tire will also keep you cool on a warm day.
    That's spot on. Pretty impressive I must say
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    Literally translated to, "I smell like Scotch and Kodiak".
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson