Thread: Anyone updated old spreader lights?

Default Anyone updated old spreader lights?

Housings look rough. Was able to clean then up, but would like to upgrade to led. Anyone seen one that fits the old halogen hole? Adapter plates?

Before I tried cleaning them up. IMG_0333.jpg

I'm sure lumitec makes some. But that's probably going to be pricy.

Check with lumitec

You might be able to just replace the bulbs with LED ones

Thought about the bulbs, but the housing look bad and apparently gaskets failed a while back as well.

Appreciate it!

You could try getting rid of the gasket and bed it with uv4000

Call Henry Sikes or Jack Fulton at Pioneer. They can tell you where to get the lights to fit the housing. Mine look like that too but they work.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Jack said I would most likely have to make adapters. Wasn't 100% sure though.

Salty, you got a wesco trailer by chance? I'm about done with mine. Can't get the boat off without using an extension. 4 foot extension and truck tires still at water. Tried 2 different ramps. Can't spread the bunks to lower the boat due to having straight cross members. Previous owner had a launching service in his neighborhood so never saw any of the launch/loading. Wesco says not to extend the tongue. Damn thing is stamped on the info tag that it's made for my boat.
    Last edited by wdhigh; 07-05-2017 at 07:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wdhigh View Post

Salty, you got a wesco trailer by chance? I'm about done with mine. Can't get the boat off without using an extension. 4 foot extension and truck tires still at water. Tried 2 different ramps. Can't spread the bunks to lower the boat due to having straight cross members. Previous owner had a launching service in his neighborhood so never saw any of the launch/loading. Wesco says not to extend the tongue. Damn thing is stamped on the info tag that it's made for my boat.
    Got a straight axle or drop spindles

Torsion axles with a v.

I make them to replace what u have, plates are 15.00 and the scanviks are 50.00 a piece. That's cost on the lights
    20160209_183628.jpg

Hot damn! Pm sent.

You are the man!
    Last edited by wdhigh; 07-05-2017 at 07:30 PM.

Picked them up today. Very nice product and enjoyed seeing all the cool products being built, thank you again!

PT make me a set of 3 too please. And get back with me on the rod holder for my jon boat.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by wdhigh View Post

You have to back it deep and bump it hard with the brakes. I can get it off pretty easy if one of my buddies that can drive the boat is at the helm. If I'm at the helm, it's a damn learning experience for everyone.

IMG_2898.JPG

Please No comments from the trailer brake police! I know I'm breaking the law. I don't go far at all with my boat.

Thanks SD, after talking to a few dealers including the new pioneer dealer since barrier closed shop, they say it needs longer tongue and V cross members. That's how they order them now. Hopefully this new Owens and Sons will alleviate all this nonsense. Going down at the end of the month to pick it up. All the local dealers said 6 weeks on a wesco. My stern is not fully in the water and my truck tires are. I can also set a large cooler on the bow from the tailgate without stretching.
    Last edited by wdhigh; 07-19-2017 at 01:53 PM.

Must not be a very steep ramp either