Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Inside Russell Wilson's nine-meal, 4,800-calorie diet to cut weight

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    All this might as well be a waste of time if you have to play hartsville allstars with that outfielding fuckup on your team
    That turd got sent down to the hartsville farm team, "the peedee peewee pablo's" . His limp wristed bullshit won't be a problem anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Stripa Swipa View Post
    I've lost 12 fat pounds and my workouts are just fine. I lost a small bit of energy for about a month but it wasn't anything that sidelined me or anything. I don't have enough time to really push for gains but I'm maintaining just fine. If I can run a mile in less than 7 mins and deadlift twice my body weight, I'm not in a bad way. I don't know how many calories I eat in a day and don't give a shit. I do know I'm not addicted to carbs anymore and I just eat some high quality veggies fur nutrients. I still do dairy and that's one I wonder about. Hard to jack the fat way up with no dairy. Some of my old man issues have greatly improved since I went keto. The research associated with keto diets to prevent/cure things like dementia's and cancers fascinates me. Needing carbs for energy is a lie. We didn't evolve on amber waves of grain.
    Stripa, I'm late to the party, just happened to be looking thru threads. Are you doing both Keto and IF concurrently? What style IF (frequency, feed window)? Did you happen to have bloodwork done before/during? I have been dabbling in Keto as the health benefits intrigue me, the weight loss aside. I did IF for quite a while two years ago when i was as my leanest. I was thinking about doing both Keto and IF together, but my trainer thinks IF lowers testosterone. I have researched and find mixed opinions on that. Any experience there?

Side note is that i blew up like a tick after stopping IF, so was concerned about metabolic and hormonal effects. Lends credence to my trainer's theory. I think i just talked myself out of IF and will likely do Keto alone, but wanted to see other's experience with IF, but especially in conjunction with Keto.
    Last edited by everlast; 07-26-2017 at 08:22 AM.
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
    -Samuel Adams

stripa doenst "dabble" in anything. He goes in with both feet.

And that is what bothers me with a lot of this diet talk. If you eat a lot of fruits and veggies....but just drink beer on the weekend....your results are not valid. I am just using that as an example. Its like people saying "I am mostly paleo". That's utter nonsense.

I think we can all agree that fruits and veggies should make up a large portion of one's diet. I think most of us can agree on some fatty meats as being a part of our diet. Dairy? I will say its certainly not a necessary dietary component but its certainly one I will continue to eat (for now). Grains? My research points to whole grains as being another necessary component. Also, I think we can all agree that processed carbs are the devil. Its alllllllllll the stuff in between those absolutes that is up for debate (in my opinion.)

I cant wait for stripa's answer but I bet I cant read that long in one sitting....
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

What i mean is that I'm working towards Keto, eating fewer carbs each week to get there without the ill effects of going cold turkey. Keto is something that you can't do half-ass, because as soon as you go over a certain number of carbs, you body comes out of ketosis and it takes days to weeks to get back in.

For general health and wellness, your recommendations are always solid and really you can't go wrong with them. However, for bio-hacking, getting the greatest performance out of your body for the longest amount of time, feeling younger longer, cognitive enhancement, hormone regulation, disease prevention(and curing), that is where theses debatable methods come in to play (imo).
    Last edited by everlast; 07-26-2017 at 10:29 AM.
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
    -Samuel Adams

i can go along with that. lots of research out there.

I fall into the esta lots of fruit and veggies...but just drinks beer on the weekends category.
    Last edited by marsh chicken; 07-27-2017 at 07:18 AM.

me too

now I just wish I had a polaris to ride around and drink beer in

In which to drink beer.

#Grammared

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    me too

now I just wish I had a polaris to ride around and drink beer in
    You are late to the party. Another member bought it from me already.

I eat a ton of veggies. Not so much fruit. I eat lean meat and fatty meat. I eat fish. I like fried foods.

I also drink beer most every day. Fuck only drinking on the weekends. That's plain stupid.

I am, however, fatter than I should be. Dad bod and such. I'm okay with that.
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Go tigers!

Just seeing this. Yes, I went full on keto for a couple of months because the current research and theories around it fascinate me. I also like things that I can test to form my own opinion. My experience with keto in a nutshell was that once my body got acclimated, there didn't seem to be any downsides. My biggest side effect during transition was heart palpitations. Scared me a bit since I've been monitored heavily for HCM for about a decade now. I didn't know this was a common side effect until after they were gone. I'm down about ten fat pounds and haven't had any negative performance hits. I'm not trying to be a muscle head so you can't really tell unless I'm nekkid. I found that the IF that worked best for me was skipping breakfast. I guess my body settled in to fat burn during the night and even if I ran in the morning on an empty stomach, I had plenty of energy. When I tried to skip dinner for a 16 hr fast, that seemed much much harder. I had a physical about a month in and all my blood work was stellar. My liver was just one click south of perfect, but the doc doesn't need to know that I'm singularly committed to making Kentucky great again.

I'm not interested in unnatural stuff to "boost performance." I think the current industrial food complex is our biggest health problem. The research around keto should be very valuable. Check out the Epigenix Foundation. Tooth and I go round and round because he rightfully understands that type 2 diabetics and heart diseased are going to see improvement if they start eating a clean whole food diet. We both know that science hasn't totally nailed down the mechanisms at play in that scenario. I believe there is evidence that on average, we are "over carbed" and that our bodies don't get a chance to perform the task of using stored body fat for energy. I believe there is evidence that many health problems snowball from that basic fact. I wanted to live off my body fat and see how natural it felt. Was pretty damned impressed! I don't focus on it as hard now so I feel like I probably slip in and out of ketosis now, which is what I believe is a natural state for the human body. I don't know if you are correct about it taking two weeks to enter ketosis again if you have 51 grams of carbs one day.

Hope that was helpful, everlast.
    Last edited by Stripa Swipa; 07-27-2017 at 03:11 PM.
    "hunting should be a challenge and a passion not a way of making a living or a road to fame"

Rubberhead

I think the current industrial food complex is our biggest health problem.
    agreed

Quote Originally Posted by Stripa Swipa View Post

Hope that was helpful, everlast.
    Very helpful. Thank you
    -Samuel Adams