Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Heat is on- Backwoods Quail Club

Here's a link to the registration.

http://app.scoringpro.com/public/tou...q+Fsn3VHbggeoA

We can all shoot the make-a-break sometime during the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckman#1 View Post
    Whatcha say ? Gonna do it ?
    Are you signing up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

I'm thinking I could do the 12guage and sub gauge (20) event. That orange course smokes my ass every time. I'm lucky to walk out of there with a 50/100 and that's a good day.

"This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

The Orange course won't be that tough for the tournament if they do use it for the main. In fact they will probably shoot the green course twice with targets being changed each day. Then they will use the orange course for fitasc.

Targets will not be that difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by Gander View Post
    I just returned from the Georgia state championship. Rick set all the targets for this tournament. You can check scores in E class from all the events to get an idea of what to expect. Just for comparison GA state had 400 shooters and they have some great shooters in GA so you will see lower scores. The Heat is On has 100 registered now and will probably top out around 180 at best. Forget Hunter Class. There are a bunch of ex master class shooters who dropped out and clean up at these type of shoots. Sign up, get placed in E class and shoot your best. You will do well. Think my squad is full for the main but I will shoot sub gauge with you if you do decide to shoot. I can guarantee you will have fun and Rick puts on the best shoots.

http://www.winscoreonline.com/view_r...nament_id=2922
    How do I sign up to get placed in E class? I don't have an NSCA number anymore

Shoot me your name and I can look up your number on the NSCA website. If you have never been issues an NSCA number you can registered as a non NSCA shooter and they will place you in E class upon registration the day of the event.

Signed up for the main event. 8:30 Saturday morning/ 11:30 Sunday.

Just sent it to you. You should be all set. They will put you on a squad in a couple days.

Quote Originally Posted by MolliesMaster View Post
    Signed up for the main event. 8:30 Saturday morning/ 11:30 Sunday.

Probably do the same and shoot the 20
    80-20 Genaration

If the timing works out we could all shoot the 20 ga event together. It's not squaded. Just need to shoot it by 4:00 pm on Saturday.

I'm just signed up for the main event as of right now.

Duckman, if you wanna get together on a squad let me know.

You can add what ever events you want when you get there. I often just register for squaded events and add side games depending on how I feel.

Quote Originally Posted by MolliesMaster View Post
    How do I sign up to get placed in E class? I don't have an NSCA number anymore
    The number you had was assigned to you forever. It won't ever change.

Sporting Clays is a 12 gauge game. 20 gauge events are side event, nothing more. The Sporting Main, FITASC, 5 Stand, Super Sporting, and the Prelim are ALL shot with 12 gauge. If you win a 12 gauge event in your class, people notice.

What if you come in last in your class? Will people notice? Asking for a friend.

Most people won't. But your friend's friends will absolute notice, so hes that going for him.

I shot the orange course yesterday. I reckon I would have shot a low 90 score until I missed 7 out of 8 of those stupid curly edge targets. A total garbage station. And the only place you ever see that trash is here in SC.

Haha

Just wait until to you see one of the new 70mm targets they are starting to throw at the big shoots. They are heavy and can fly about Mach 5. Just slightly bigger than a mini but will hold the speed of a midi.

I'm cool with speed and distance. I can break that. What I'm not cool with is an all edge target that literally goes out and curls back towards the trap. It's a stupid presentation and these SC guys have a tendencies to throw em. They suck. They lack imagination and they simulate absolutely nothing. Worse past about it, one of the targets was off a tower. They wasted a tower on something like that. They could have rolled it out along the treeline and thrown a crosser...or something that doesn't suck out loud.
    Last edited by Fish; 07-04-2017 at 10:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    I'm cool with speed and distance. I can break that. What I'm not cool with is an all edge target that literally goes out and curls back towards the trap. It's a stupid presentation and these SC guys have a tendencies to throw em. They suck. They lack imagination and they simulate absolutely nothing. Worse past about it, one of the targets was off a tower. They wasted a tower on something like that. They could have rolled it out along the treeline and thrown a crosser...or something that doesn't suck out loud.
    Was the target in a breakable distance?

Everything is breakable.

But if you want to find out, you can meet me out there and we'll shoot skins at that target, call it $20 a shot and however much you want to bet on the remain stations. Howsat sound, chief?