Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Heat is on- Backwoods Quail Club

Default Heat is on- Backwoods Quail Club

Anybody shooting in it?

Did anyone have a kid in last week's tournament?
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

I will be there. Fairly certain Fish and Gander will be there as well.

~LB

I'm planning on shooting it.

Of course, I'm already signed up. I think I'm in for the Main, sub gauge and super sporting. Will also be at the GA state this weekend at the Meadows which is the other club Rick runs. Should be great tournaments.
    Last edited by Gander; 06-28-2017 at 05:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MolliesMaster View Post
    Anybody shooting in it?
    What class you shooting ?
    80-20 Genaration

Quote Originally Posted by Duckman#1 View Post
    What class you shooting ?
    Ha!, I can't afford it nor compete with those guys. I am thinking about riding down to watch though.

Are you shooting?
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

Join up, they will start you in E class with all the other guys just getting started. It's a lot of fun and you won't meet a nicer group of people.

Quote Originally Posted by Gander View Post
    Join up, they will start you in E class with all the other guys just getting started. It's a lot of fun and you won't meet a nicer group of people.
    I actually joined up last year with intentions to start shooting. As much as I would like to, it's just not in the financial cards right now. I still shoot every weekend, but its at the farm, from my own auto thrower.

Ha!, I can't afford it nor compete with those guys. I am thinking about riding down to watch though.

Are you shooting?
    Hadn't planned on it. I go up there and shoot about once a month. Want to get together a shoot let me know
    80-20 Genaration

Quote Originally Posted by Duckman#1 View Post
    Hadn't planned on it. I go up there and shoot about once a month. Want to get together a shoot let me know
    Yea, let me know when you go again. I'm always looking for a reason to go shoot.

Anybody know what the 12ga. event is? Also, How hard is it to figure out the FITASC course?

You must be referring to the 50 target 12 ga event. It's merely shot on the sub gauge course and you get to use your 12 ga. Usually easy targets since they are set for sub gauge. I generally use it as a warm before I start the main event.

The Fitasc Parcours are usually setup past the Orange course. Usually set somewhat close together. Not hard to find. But you may find the targets a bit more challenging.

You must be referring to the 50 target 12 ga event. It's merely shot on the sub gauge course and you get to use your 12 ga. Usually easy targets since they are set for sub gauge. I generally use it as a warm before I start the main event.

The Fitasc Parcours are usually setup past the Orange course. Usually set somewhat close together. Not hard to find. But you may find the targets a bit more challenging.
    Sorry, I should have clarified on that a little better. Are the rules of FITASC hard to figure out. I never shot it before.

Not really. Here is what you need to know.
    No open toe shoes
    Only 1 ounce loads or less.
    You are not allowed to bring the gun to your shoulder until you are inside the ring and the target has been launched.

The ref will probably mark a line on your shoulder to show where the butt of the gun must stay below. It's 10.25 inches from the top of your shoulder.

Just let the ref know it's your first time. They are generally very friendly and want to help you enjoy the game.

Fish shoots it way more than me. He may have more advice.
    Last edited by Gander; 06-29-2017 at 08:22 AM.

What would you say would be a competitive score for E ? What about shooting a 20 ga, is there the same classes in sub gauges ? And what's with the hunter class ?
    80-20 Genaration

I just returned from the Georgia state championship. Rick set all the targets for this tournament. You can check scores in E class from all the events to get an idea of what to expect. Just for comparison GA state had 400 shooters and they have some great shooters in GA so you will see lower scores. The Heat is On has 100 registered now and will probably top out around 180 at best. Forget Hunter Class. There are a bunch of ex master class shooters who dropped out and clean up at these type of shoots. Sign up, get placed in E class and shoot your best. You will do well. Think my squad is full for the main but I will shoot sub gauge with you if you do decide to shoot. I can guarantee you will have fun and Rick puts on the best shoots.

http://www.winscoreonline.com/view_r...nament_id=2922
    Last edited by Gander; 07-02-2017 at 10:30 PM.

I shot the green course at BW yesterday with 20 and shot an 80.
    80-20 Genaration

Great score. You should sign up and give it a go. At worst you'll have a lot of fun.

Great score. You should sign up and give it a go. At worst you'll have a lot of fun.
    Do you shoot all 200 targets for the main in one continuous session or is it 100 each day?

The main is shot over 2 days. Sat/Sun 100 per day. When you sign up you can pick the rotation you want to shoot on.

Do you shoot all 200 targets for the main in one continuous session or is it 100 each day?
    Whatcha say ? Gonna do it ?
    80-20 Genaration