Thread: 2017 Eclipse

Default 2017 Eclipse

Plan on hunting monday on the Eclipse. Wonder how it will effect the deer movement with light to dark to light? Worth a try if DNR doesn't decide to shut the season down for a day. Then again my family owns a 50acrea field between Lexington and Columbia. Maybe I should sale tickets and food for people to come park and view. All this talk on radio acts like Columbia is going to be flooded with out of towners coming to view it.

i am fairly certain the deer dont know an eclipse is coming and that 10 minutes wont change shit.

and it occurs mid afternoon. Who the fuck wants to be in a deer stand at that time of day?

Good luck
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

I'm planning on being on an island in the Delta. Hunting beers, and silver kings.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    i am fairly certain the deer dont know an eclipse is coming and that 10 minutes wont change shit.

and it occurs mid afternoon. Who the fuck wants to be in a deer stand at that time of day?

Good luck
    I don't mind sitting in a deer stand in the middle of the day, in November or December. My dad kills most of his deer between 10 am and 2 pm. But I am decidedly NOT going to be sitting in a deer stand at 1:00 PM in August, for sure.
    Last edited by JJ1965; 06-27-2017 at 11:33 AM.
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

Myself and this dude are building a pyramid to behead some people on so it will get us out of this global warming situation.

Good luck
    Yes total darkness only last a couple minutes dumbfuck. Do you think it is going to instantly get dark? It will gradually get dark and light again on both sides of eclipse. I will be in a P-nut or bean field with a cooler full of beer watching.

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Myself and this dude are building a pyramid to behead some people on so it will get us out of this global warming situation.

I didn't know Mickey Rourke was tribal?
    Quote Originally Posted by walt4dun View Post
    Monsters... Be damned if I'd ever be taken alive by the likes of faggot musslims.
    I am an equal opportunity hater.

Also I think it would be neat to watch it from offshore. May have to make that happen weather permitting.
    Quote Originally Posted by walt4dun View Post
    Monsters... Be damned if I'd ever be taken alive by the likes of faggot musslims.
    I am an equal opportunity hater.

Quote Originally Posted by redfox View Post
    Yes total darkness only last a couple minutes dumbfuck. Do you think it is going to instantly get dark? It will gradually get dark and light again on both sides of eclipse. I will be in a P-nut or bean field with a cooler full of beer watching.
    ahhhhh....name calling. I love it. Enjoy your afternoon in the deer stand.

I plan on telling my kids that they stayed up too late and then put them into their cribs before the eclipse is over.

And, no, you won't kill any deer, but enjoy your 1 minute and 34 second night hunt...

Quote Originally Posted by redfox View Post
    Yankee Stadium

Quote Originally Posted by jasonw View Post
    And, no, you won't kill any deer, but enjoy your 1 minute and 34 second night hunt...
    Quote Originally Posted by Knavin View Post
    Yankee Stadium
    dumbfucks

Quote Originally Posted by jasonw View Post
    We right in the path. We getting bout 2:30ish in the HOLE
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post

You got to cut their heart out and show it to them first and not using an obsidian knife is cheating.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

I was hoping Mitsubishi had finally come to their senses...

Quote Originally Posted by Knavin View Post
    Yankee Stadium
    Chit
    More fuel = more boost!!

Quote Originally Posted by KRT View Post
    Chit
    No chit