Thread: Hate a thief - need tractor/implement knowledge/help

Default Hate a thief - need tractor/implement knowledge/help

Sorry about my whining, but damn I hate someone that is going to steal something.

Takes me an hour and twenty minutes to get to my place. Had my day yesterday all cleared out - which is rare with two kids - to go spend the day on the tractor bush hogging. Get down to my place and someone had taken the PTO drive shaft from my bush hog rendering the bush hog useless. Also took the stabilizer bar.

Run over to tractor supply to find out that a replacement will cost (at least there) close to $300. Not to mention the hassle of wasting a whole morning going down there and back not getting anything accomplished.

Would have just given the dickhead money to not have to deal with the hassle of replacing it.

Rant over - but help me out - I went online and like everything it isn't just as simple as getting a new drive shaft. it looks like the end that connects to the PTO/tractor is all pretty standard, but looks like there are all manor of different fittings for the female part that connects to the gear box on my cutter. Any guidance on what I need to know about the gear box? Is it just the diameter of the shaft that I am looking for. Now I get to ride all the way back down there to measure the shaft on the gear box.

F-ing thief.

What brand?
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

hate to say it, but no clue. bought it 2nd hand and had been refurb'ed/painted, etc.

Sent you a PM about a local guy near your property that is a used farm equipment dealer. They always have tons of used items on the lot with many parts in his shop.
    Last edited by chocolate lab84; 06-26-2017 at 08:48 AM.

stabilizer bars should be easy. you can likely bushhog without them if you pay attention. PTO shaft should be fairly universal too. Why you making this so damn hard? Certainly you had beer for your day of bushhoggin. I dont see this situation as a total loss.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Hate it for you dude but there is no cheap answer for getting a replacement and whoever took it probably knew it. I believe daddy sold off everything or I'd tell you to run by and see if you saw anything that might work. Agri Supply > Tractor Supply when it comes to that stuff. Check online
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Go Tigers!

Agrisupply sells slip clutch pto shafts cheap.

yeah - found one that was relatively cheap on agri-supply online and just picked one up.

Guessing at the sizes of the fittings as I neglected to measure them yesterday given my frustration, but seems like 1 3/8ths is the most common so hoping this works. my luck - it will be 1 1/2.

Quote Originally Posted by chocolate lab84 View Post
    Sent you a PM about a local guy near your property that is a used farm equipment dealer. They always have tons of used items on the lot with many parts in his shop.
    Thanks -- I called both of them -- the tractor supply place didn't stock them, would have to order it. and the other guy didn't answer. think I have it resolved - appreciate it though.