Thread: Tried something new

Default Tried something new

Cooking for picky eaters (mostly my Mrs): I let everybody build their own from vegetables, meat and seasonings and choose from chicken broth and/or beer as the “steaming liquor”. I did precook the chicken, corn and potatoes since they take longer than everything else. Steam it on the grill for 25 minutes. Everybody cleaned their plates.

What I learned: Put green beans and carrots on the bottom then the other veggies and meat on top. I think the heads-on shrimp add a lot of flavor. You don’t need more than about an inch of broth/beer at the bottom. Everybody used two bay leaves but I wish I’d have thought about a rosemary sprig in each foil packet.

Last edited by Rubberhead*; 06-25-2017 at 01:31 PM. Reason: Spelling
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

Well, it looks better than Sterling's fish butchering job.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

That is awesome looking and I will take 3 and 4.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

we call em "Hobos". same concept. everyone throws what they want in the foil while I get the BGE going.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Great looking feast.

I learned on last nights cook to never again be stingy on the carrots.

Did a chuck roast on the grill.......and Teenage T-Rex was talking trash about there not being enough carrots.

WTF Knew ????

Quote Originally Posted by Dub View Post
    Did a chuck roast on the grill.......and Teenage T-Rex was talking trash about there not being enough carrots.

WTF Knew ????
    I love steamed carrots.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

Done that for years in scouts. Get a good fire burned down to the coals while you prep the food. Wrap veggies, meat of your choice and seasoning in heavy duty foil and toss in the coals. Bout fifteen, twenty minutes and pull it out. Let stand five minutes and dig in.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Colin4 View Post
    Done that for years in scouts. Get a good fire burned down to the coals while you prep the food. Wrap veggies, meat of your choice and seasoning in heavy duty foil and toss in the coals. Bout fifteen, twenty minutes and pull it out. Let stand five minutes and dig in.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk
    yep, good times for sure
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Venison hamburger steak Hobo packs on the river. Mmmmm. Make another with taters and onions. Hot damn.
    Quote Originally Posted by walt4dun View Post
    Monsters... Be damned if I'd ever be taken alive by the likes of faggot musslims.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I am an equal opportunity hater.