Thread: Crabbing on Pawleys

Default Crabbing on Pawleys

Where is a good spot to take a mess of kids crabbing on or around Pawleys island? Plan on chicken necking with four kids in tow.

There a place across from the temporary town hall all to park and was out in the creek a lot a people crab there and catch a lot of them. Have to go on low tide

South end. The second causeway was my Mom's favorite but she used box traps that open all the way and closed when pulled. Might be too much traffic for little children.Might try the boat ramp on the south end, it's at the end of Pritchard st.
    Last edited by rrconductor; 06-25-2017 at 10:33 AM.

South End boat ramp at the crows nest is where I would go or all the way to the end at the public parking lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Conservation means the wise use of the earth and its resources for the lasting good of men. -Gifford Pinchot

The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. -Thomas Jefferson

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

Just north of Brookgreen Gardens on the right where the oyster shell recycle is. Plenty of beach.

Pick a spot, you can just about wade the entire creek system if you're over 3' tall now.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by M2Field View Post
    Prepare to wait in line and do loops around the parking lot on a weekend. It's a mess. The Yankees have discovered it.....
    You aren't lying about that...Born and Raised in Pawleys and it makes me sick

Conservation means the wise use of the earth and its resources for the lasting good of men. -Gifford Pinchot

The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. -Thomas Jefferson

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

I'll only go on a weekend if it's early. Like 6AM. Usually first one there. It fills up quick!

Quote Originally Posted by Quackhead22 View Post
    You aren't lying about that...Born and Raised in Pawleys and it makes me sick