Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please share this with teens and spouses IF you text and drive

Default Please share this with teens and spouses IF you text and drive

As a lot of you know I have a teen driving school and naturally one of the biggest problems now days is texting and driving . Quite honestly I have Moms/Dads tell me "please teach them not to text and drive". Well the first thing I respond to the parents with is DO YOU TEXT AND DRIVE. Yep you can guess the funny looks I get because we ALL are guilty of it.

IF you are a parent of a teen or pre teen please think before you text and drive, your kids are watching you

I found this video on youtube and while it is very short it really hits home and have not had a class yet that did not have some students in tears.

Please view and share with your family members that drive or are getting close to driving age PLEASE

Texting and Driving is the new age DUI

I have SC Trooper Joe Hovis drop in on most of my classes and even he uses this video in his presentations

Last edited by tprice; 06-24-2017 at 08:20 PM.

Much like airplane mode, phones need a driving mode. The phone would hold texts and respond automatically that person is not accepting text at that time.

Verizon has this on their android phones. You can add the service to your kids phones. They can't turn it off. It deactivates texting and social media when driving. It uses the gps to know when you are driving.

Really. I'm going to check with Verizon. Sounds like a good plan.
    R.I.P SFC Spencer Kohlheim.
    Suicide is never a good thing but I understand.
    Thank you for your service to our nation.

Texting and driving will kill far more that drinking and driving.

Quote Originally Posted by banded_mallard View Post
    Verizon has this on their android phones. You can add the service to your kids phones. They can't turn it off. It deactivates texting and social media when driving. It uses the gps to know when you are driving.
    I get it...but that's not fair to the kid sitting in the back seat that wants to use his phone.

My buddy is getting ready to sell his beautiful Harley because he knows, without a shadow of doubt, that one of his sons will die riding it when somebody texting pulls out in front of them.

You ride a motorcycle on pavement in 2017 and you are not going to hear a lot of mourning at your funeral, but a lot of people saying "no shit his dumb ass got killed"...

Default Please share this with teens and spouses IF you text and drive

Quote Originally Posted by reeltight View Post
    I get it...but that's not fair to the kid sitting in the back seat that wants to use his phone.
    And I wonder how we got by sitting in the backseat growing up riding around before cell phones? Morons these days don't even know proper 4 way stop etiquette much less texting and driving. I'm continuously defensive driving when I see a car approaching me, watching it swerve over in my lane is the norm on most of the cars.
    Last edited by ccleroy; 06-25-2017 at 03:07 PM.

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

My face still stings from the face slap I took when a youngin in the back seat. I remember the move of the century from my mother it came from over the shoulder or was it around the elbow or under neath the head rest or everywhere at once , I will truly never know.
    Genesis 9;2

Quote Originally Posted by Strick9 View Post
    My face still stings from the face slap I took when a youngin in the back seat. I remember the move of the century from my mother it came from over the shoulder or was it around the elbow or under neath the head rest or everywhere at once , I will truly never know.
    It's an effective maneuver I have about perfected.

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

boohoo

"not fair"

"my daughter needs a cell phone to be safe"

you are giving your kids a WEAPON.

Too bad this discussion doesnt lead to fewer cell phones but today's parent has gone whacko.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    My buddy is getting ready to sell his beautiful Harley because he knows, without a shadow of doubt, that one of his sons will die riding it when somebody texting pulls out in front of them.

You ride a motorcycle on pavement in 2017 and you are not going to hear a lot of mourning at your funeral, but a lot of people saying "no shit his dumb ass got killed"...
    That's why mines been gone over a year ago. After seeing a couple of car vs. motorcycle scenes, It made my mind up real quick.

Powerful...wow!

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    boohoo

"not fair"

Too bad this discussion doesnt lead to fewer cell phones but today's parent has gone whacko.
    Exactly

boohoo

"not fair"

I second this.

texting & driving isn't inherently unsafe, problem is most driver's aren't capable of multi-tasking enough to do it safely. i can eat a sandwich & drive a manual transmission, ain't noone trying to ban that...

I only watch "how to" videos on youtube while I am driving...

That being said, imagine how bad things will get when technology like "google glass" takes over and you can see holograms in front of you while you are driving.

Quote Originally Posted by shoooooots View Post
    texting & driving isn't inherently unsafe, problem is most driver's aren't capable of multi-tasking enough to do it safely. i can eat a sandwich & drive a manual transmission, ain't noone trying to ban that...

I beg to differ, it ALL falls under DISTRACTED DRIVING .

Let something happend to your family due to this and you would change your mind. It happens EVERY DAY

Nothing in this world scares me, or infuriates me more than people not paying attention while they are driving. I watched a guy preaching gun safety to a couple kids at a public range, then get in a vehicle, open a beer, and drive off with a damn cell phone in their hand. It's a senseless way to die, or kill someone else. It will affect a family FOREVER.
    40 years ago, this year, bunch of teenagers riding around, listening to music. Not getting into trouble, but we had been drinking beer. I wasn't feeling that well, and got out at my house. My sister didn't. She was 16. I'll never forget that phone call that night. DON'T think for a second it can't happen. Drinking, texting, whatever, dead is dead, and you don't get a do over. You can't take it back.

boohoo

"not fair"

Weren't you just on here asking people about how to replace your kids cell phone that he broke?