Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: All-Stars

Quote Originally Posted by Southernduck View Post
    It is reading this shit that makes me hope my little girl has no interests in what are now called organized sports. If she does I will support her but damn I hope she has other interests.
    Dance class and recitals aren't much different
    Last edited by bigtimeduckhunter; 06-27-2017 at 05:03 AM.

Wonder if these kids study for 3 hours a day during the school year? Probably get a scholarship easier that way.

Quote Originally Posted by bigtimeduckhunter View Post
    U got that right...maybe even worse

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    No wonder kids are so stressed out, neurotic and dealing with anxieties by 7th grade.

14 hours of practice a week, not including games, for coach pitch, hell any level, is about the silliest, excuse my language, shit I've ever heard.
    i cant tell you how many times I have heard: "The transition to middle school is a difficult one." Are you freaking kidding me? Parents need to shut the fuck up and leave their kids alone. Yes, this means not signing them up for this shit.....
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by bigtimeduckhunter View Post
    If she is anything like her momma and daddy she doesn't have a stitch of rhythm and that shit will be short lived.
    cut\'em

I'm coaching my youngest with Kershaw County Nationals 11/12 Ozone playing in Cheraw. We won Friday against Darlington, Lost to Hartsville Northern Sunday, and won against Lamar last night in a nail biter 10/9 holding them in bottom of 6th. Play Hartsville again tonight and have to beat them twice. Those Hartsville kids are the best hitting team I've seen in all my years of coaching. Very disciplined at the plate and get their moneys worth of every cut!
    GENESIS 1 : 26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Good luck to you and your boys tonight, K. Y'all have a great group of guys, and I know they will give it their all.

Quote Originally Posted by Slaya View Post
    Good luck to you and your boys tonight, K. Y'all have a great group of guys, and I know they will give it their all.
    Thank BM! That haul to Cheraw is getting longer and longer but we are going to the District Champ anyway so not done yet.
    GENESIS 1 : 26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

My boy was on the Pitching Machine Allstar team. We got spanked in Clear Water a couple weekends ago.

We start our Majors district tournament in Darlington for little league tonight. And if you think the parents and coaches of all star teams are bad, nothing compared to the travel ball teams I've seen.
    Last edited by HT; 06-27-2017 at 12:09 PM.

While we are talking about All Stars....People keep blaming travel ball for the decline in kids playing rec ball and all stars. The stuff we are talking about is what is making kids quit. It can take up a kid's whole summer, and it is almost every day. If a group of kids are good, then they are giving up multiple summers in a row. Dixie Youth needs to come up with a plan to get these tournaments over with earlier in the summer. It is the end of June, and you still have sub district tournaments going on. Win state and go to World Series and you are playing in August. Not really sure why the younger kids need to go past State anyway. School starts back Aug. 17th in a lot of places. A couple of summers of that, and kids begin to tell you they want their summer off

The high level competition is for the parents not the kids, that is the root of it all. They are 10 years old, let them be 10 year olds. 98% will never play college ball and 99.999999999999999999999999999% will never play major league ball, that shit really isn't that important.
    cut\'em

Quote Originally Posted by Southernduck View Post
    The high level competition is for the parents not the kids, that is the root of it all. They are 10 years old, let them be 10 year olds. 98% will never play college ball and 99.999999999999999999999999999% will never play major league ball, that shit really isn't that important.
    Facebook updates bro. Facebook updates. If you don't constantly update facebook with posts about your kids travel ball team and weird professional photography of your kids in an apple orchard...no one will know how awesome your family is.