Thread: Young outdoor writers?

Default Young outdoor writers?

I know some people on here wax poetic about their hunting and fishing stories, but i have no idea on their age. This scholarship is for ages 12-25. It pays for the next SEOPA (South eastern outdoor press) conference at Kentucky Lake Dam. I hear it is always a good time and will be attending it the first time this year myself. Lots of old outdoor writers will be there that are helpful with advice on starting out.

http://seopa.org/know-aspiring-young...-communicator/

Never heard of this org.

Can you give some cliff notes.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

Seopa is a outdoor writer/media organization that focuses in the southeast. A lot of published writers, photographers, media folk are members. They are an organizing body where conservation groups (NWTF, DU, etc) can go and set up events to get quality media out to outdoor enthusiasts. Names you might know that come to my head are Jim Casada, Jim Mize, jimmy jacobs, Roger Metz... basically in any magazine you pick up in the outdoors will probably have a member. They will have writing seminars, photography seminars, interesting lectures etc.

It is an organized group of people who love the outdoors and tell folks about it through media. All interactions i have had with members have been extremely helpful.