Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: All-Stars

Default All-Stars

Anyone have kids playing?

Our Kershaw County team won against Lee County 10-1 tonight in Pageland. Seems all games in the area are playing there.

If you're going to be out that way over the weekend, post up. I'd like to say hello! (Not looking for passion.)

Hoping the rain doesn't mess shit up tomorrow.

Good luck to all y'all's kids out there!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by USMCsilver; 06-23-2017 at 11:02 PM.

Shit, I wish. Those days are long over for me. I miss the days of youth baseball with my son.
    Crops are harvested, animals are killed.

My father in law is one of the national directors for Dixie youth. He is on the road non-stop this time of year. Good luck to all
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

My son is on the Pendleton 10U team. We play our 1st game today at 2:00. The weather is a bit iffy, hoping the rain will cooperate. Good luck and have fun

Yes, wonderful years for the boys. My boy plays machine pitch for Parks field in Summerville. They are 3 games away from going to State in Lexington.

I miss these days as a young fella. My dad has coached me from tee ball all the way through Legion ball. Good times spent for sure. Lots of memories.

My boys are on Hartsville national minors. Have friends with kids on the farm league nationals. Watch out for that farm team they are strong.

Those Hartsville kids are tough. Looks like if we make it to game 4 we will probably face them.

We have a good team, bit the mind games Hartsville plays are tough.

We scrimmaged them last week. We lost 18-2. Our kids were not ready for their base running "tactics". However, afterwards, we put LOTS of focus on what they were doing. In Kershaw County, refs don't allow us to play the way they do, so their tactics were essentially foreign to our kids.

Game is @ 4pm today in Pageland, again.

Most leagues don't teach farm the proper way to get the ball in and play stopped. There is no "time out" in baseball as the ball is coming back to the pitcher. You must stop the lead runner. That's the way it is played at the state tournament. I helped coach our farm all stars the last 2 years with that same coach so I know those "tactics" well.

We've learned them and are teaching them, too.

3.5 hours of practice, 4 days a week, for 3 weeks.

We beat the lesser Hartsville team tonight: 13-11. It was 10-1, but then our kids went and took a mental vacation.

We play the "good" Hartsville team tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing the boys play tomorrow.

Last edited by USMCsilver; 06-24-2017 at 06:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Baitman52 View Post
    My boys are on Hartsville national minors. Have friends with kids on the farm league nationals. Watch out for that farm team they are strong.
    So...I guess we play y'all tomorrow? 7-8 year old league?

No we play minor league. Y'all are farm.

Y'all play our farm team.

That is too long for kids that age to practice.

My teeball team practices 2 hours 4 nights a week. It's all about the parents.

2 hours is good. 3.5 is not. Not supposed to be about parents. It is really all about the kids.

No im saying if the parents start bitching about how long and how often you practice then it's all down hill from there. The kids will stay all night long. At least mine will

Quote Originally Posted by wbrown609 View Post
    2 hours is good. 3.5 is not. Not supposed to be about parents. It is really all about the kids.
    It's really been beneficial.

It has sometimes been 3 hours, but never less unless it has rained them out.

Quote Originally Posted by Baitman52 View Post
    No we play minor league. Y'all are farm.
    Bait...... y'all playing USSSA this weekend? We played the Hartsville "Host" team in Minors today @ Seven Oaks?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghetto View Post
    A larger caliber will help you with your deer kills. Try it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    I agree with timber22

Quote Originally Posted by wbrown609 View Post
    That is too long for kids that age to practice.
    This

Our 6yo was asked to be on the allstar tee ball team. My wife and I were glad he got the recognition, but were apprehensive about doing it when we heard there schedules. The team practiced 3 days a week for 3 hours each night, plus tournaments on the weekends. I asked the coach, "all this for Tee Ball." He responded that "it wasn't really tee ball, it's really coaches pitch." I told him they are still just 5-6 year olds. He left, I thought he got my point, but later that week he approached my wife about the team. He did his sales pitch again, saying they really needed him on the team, as he was one of the best players in the league, etc. She left their conversation with saying she would discuss it with me and get back with him, but that we had a really busy summer and not sure we could fill the commitment. He also went on to tell her that he would be willing to pickup/drop-off the boy for practice if we couldn't make it. He approached me again a few days later and asked if my wife discussed it with me. I told him we decided against it and thanks for the opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberman22 View Post
    Bait...... y'all playing USSSA this weekend? We played the Hartsville "Host" team in Minors today @ Seven Oaks?
    Yes. Which team?