Thread: Clethodim on Vetch

Default Clethodim on Vetch

Our plots have been doing pretty sporty since we put them in, but with all this rain the last 2 weeks grass is starting to grow.

We spray Clethodim in our clover plots with pretty good success. We planted a mix of alyce clover and aeschynomene this summer from Wannamakers. First ill say its a great mix. I started using their fall seeds about 2 years ago and have been impressed with all their seeds now.

Back to the point at hand, the grass is starting to be noticeable. Ive read the label of Clethodim and it says i can spray it on vetch.

I just wanted to hear from the guys that have sprayed clethodim on aeschynomene specifically. Usually we just let it ride in the past, but the plots have come in really full and we want to keep it that way. We spray 1/2oz clethodim & 1/2oz crop oil to the gallon just for reference. I would do a test spot but don't have time, wanting to hit it the first dry chance after this rain.

Too be honest I have no idea what Clethodim is. I have always sprayed Post over vetch to control grasses.

G

Clethodim is the same thing, just different active ingredients. Both grass killers.

Clehtodim is the ingredient in select or arrow. Just cheaper then Poast.. like buying glystar instead of roundup...

If it's nut grass don't waste your time