Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Blue Nile or James Allen

Default Blue Nile or James Allen

Has anyone used these sites to order from if so, how was your experience?

Looking to buy an engagement ring soon
    Last edited by 308; 06-21-2017 at 01:56 PM.

Someone had a heck of a deal on here not long ago if it didn't sell..

and a dress! dont forget the dress!

(now, I have no comment on those web sites, but I WILL comment on this situation. Diamonds cost money. So do women, especially when they become your wife. Go to a jeweler.)
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Don't be afraid to negotiate. And I still have the unworn dress.

lol I'll pass on the dress

Quote Originally Posted by 308 View Post
    lol I'll pass on the dress
    It costs as much as a diamond. Get ready for that ass fucking too

Quote Originally Posted by marsh chicken View Post
    It costs as much as a diamond. Get ready for that ass fucking too
    Let me rethink this whole situation and look into a river boat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let me rethink this whole situation and look into a river boat.

Now you're thinking clearly.

If I had to do it again I would buy used. Take the diamond out and put it in a new band. But never tell anyone you did that. Just order some bull shit from a big name store and put it in the box.

Don't get all caught up in the emotional games. I remember the sales woman trying to pressure me into putting a deposit down on a ring bigger than I was looking for. When I said no, she asked me if I was afraid she would say no. I walked out. Likewise don't just go to the big name stores. I wouldn't buy from the kiosk in the middle of the mall, but I'd check with the local jewelers. She won't care if you went to Jared. If she does, hope she says no.

I wouldn't order offline. Its hard to see the size. I ordered some ear rings offline once. It was a disaster.

Trying to steer away from Kay's...

Any local jewelers around Florence, will travel some if someone speaks highly of them

It's a rock. A hard silly ass rock.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    It's a rock. A hard silly ass rock.
    That some entrepreneurial people brain washed us into believing is actually rare.

Trying to steer away from Kay's...

Any local jewelers around Florence, will travel some if someone speaks highly of them

Galloway and Moseley's. Try to get a deal where you get the engagement ring and the wedding band together. There is also one other store on Palmetto street right past the Sundae House, forget the name, but they have a good selection.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

Quote Originally Posted by MolliesMaster View Post
    Galloway and Moseley's.
    x2
    Last edited by Whackumstackum; 06-21-2017 at 03:46 PM.

My wife wanted a Neil Lane Engagement ring with the matching wedding ring. I sold a bunch of my stuff I wasn't using anymore, to help pay for it. Kay Jewelers was the only one in town selling it. We've been married 2.5 years, have a great marriage, a 16 month old son who is the absolute best thing to have ever happened to me, and we have Qalo wedding rings. Medical grade silicone wedding bands in an assortment of colors. You don't even know you're wearing it until you look down at your finger. They're very comfortable, and cheap. So comfortable your wife will get one, and quit wearing your high dollar wedding ring/engagement ring set you bought her.

So save your money, propose to her with a Ring Pop, and buy her a Qalo wedding band. Buy one for you too. You'll save thousands.

Quote Originally Posted by BEAR View Post
    My wife wanted a Neil Lane Engagement ring with the matching wedding ring. I sold a bunch of my stuff I wasn't using anymore, to help pay for it. Kay Jewelers was the only one in town selling it. We've been married 2.5 years, have a great marriage, a 16 month old son who is the absolute best thing to have ever happened to me, and we have Qalo wedding rings. Medical grade silicone wedding bands in an assortment of colors. You don't even know you're wearing it until you look down at your finger. They're very comfortable, and cheap. So comfortable your wife will get one, and quit wearing your high dollar wedding ring/engagement ring set you bought her.

So save your money, propose to her with a Ring Pop, and buy her a Qalo wedding band. Buy one for you too. You'll save thousands.
    If only that were possible.

+1 for the qalo rings though. I don't ever get worried about losing one of them and they are definitely comfortable.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

https://www.goodoldgold.com/education great place to learn a little more than the basics and understand a gem report

https://www.pricescope.com/ great place to search for diamonds. inventory for all the major reputable sites in one place.

Most of these sites have a return policy if you don't like it, just pay postage. I would only look at "gia" certifications maybe "ags' all others are/were junk.

I found my wife's diamond at pricescope 14 years ago. GIA certified. The diamond was at blue nile. Local jeweler could not find the ultra small flaw and neither could I with 20X scope, GIA uses 10X. He said he could not touch the diamond for the price I got.

If a man is alone in the woods, says something, and a woman does not hear, is he still wrong?

Bipartisan usually means that a larger-than-usual deception is being carried out. —George Carlin

Common sense is not a gift. It's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone else who doesn't have it.

I'd pass on Galloway & Moseley. I wouldn't trust them people in there for shit, but then again, it's just my opinion. Everybody has one. I used SJD Designs in Florence. Lex Matthews runs the place, same guy that ran Jones Smith prior to it closing. Lex will help you with the quality, and put it all together for you. Go in with a budget, he will stick to it. The thing I like most about him is that he will show you the # on your diamond if you ask to see it under the microscope and he doesn't try to trick you into spending more than what you want. You ain't gonna get either if you go in G&M.

Galloway & Moseley will try to sell uncertified diamonds at an inflated price

If a man is alone in the woods, says something, and a woman does not hear, is he still wrong?

Bipartisan usually means that a larger-than-usual deception is being carried out. —George Carlin

Common sense is not a gift. It's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone else who doesn't have it.