Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Police Dashcam Footage Of Philando Castile Fatal Shooting

Quote Originally Posted by PBiz View Post
    Man Slaughter.. No way around it..
    Apparently there is a way around it. Being found not guilty.

Yeah OJ wasn't guilty either..
    Natural Born Killer Prostaff - Killing Tomorrow's Trophies Today...

TFC -"Be tough or get tough"

Conservation Permit Holder #5213

Quote Originally Posted by marsh chicken View Post

The cop calmly told him the first time "ok, don't reach for it" and the dipshit obviously kept reaching for it. That's how you get kilt.
    Yes, that is how you get killed by someone who is piss poor at their job..

Did the cop see the gun come out of his pocket? Did the gun happen to point towards the cop while it was coming out of his pocket? You can't see that in the video........If a cop tells you to do something, especially if it involves a gun, it takes a real dummy not to listen. After all of these killings, what's the one thing that most have in common??? They're ass didn't listen to the police. It isn't hard...
    "The bird possesses a remarkable ability to turn arrogance into hopelessness." - Tom Kelly

"Some men are mere hunters, others are turkey hunters." - Archibald Rutledge

Quote Originally Posted by PBiz View Post
    Yes, that is how you get killed by someone who is piss poor at their job..
    Everyone who's ever been shot by a cop, who had a gun, says they were pulling their britches up after they got shot. There's a lot more bad guys than bad cops and the cop told the guy 3x to stop. He chose not. I hate it for both sides, but I don't blame the cop.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Go Tigers!

Both are at fault but if the cop had moved to his right, it wouldn't have gone down like it did. This is a scared, piss poor cop in my mind.

..approaching a suspected armed robber who admittedly had a gun...
    Tyler Simmons wasn’t offsides. 1-9-2018
    Isaiah Bond didn’t catch the ball. 12-2-2023

Quote Originally Posted by Featherduster View Post
    ..approaching a suspected armed robber who admittedly had a gun...
    Good thing this wasn't "My cousin Vinny"..

It would have been a really short movie and Marisa Tomei would have never hit it big..

mmmmm marisa ....

all i know is that my opinion doesnt matter...but that video makes me not like cops (or the job they have to do if they are that nervous around people.)

I dont own a pistol, but I think I could've waited a few seconds longer to open fire.

Notice I am doing everything in my power not to say I agree with PBizzle.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by Geetch View Post
    Both are at fault but if the cop had moved to his right, it wouldn't have gone down like it did. This is a scared, piss poor cop in my mind.
    Moved to his right? This isn't ballroom dancing. When you pull a gun its because you are about to get killed. I don't give a shit where someone is standing when they start firing. I just care if they are justified or not.

And this was not justified.

Quote Originally Posted by Geetch View Post
    And this was not justified.
    Your reading comprehension sucks. He was found not guilty.

CWPINST is offline 168 grains of assistance from a distance

From the time a person clears leather until they can fire is about a half a second...or less. Back in the day one of our courses of fire was called "Speed Rock. From the surrender position you had either 2 or 3 seconds ( can't remember which) to draw and fire two shots and hit center mass from several feet away. I could easily draw, fire and reholster before the second whistle. It really wasn't that hard if you practiced. In other words, if you waited until the suspects gun was being drawn, there was a good chance you both may die.
    Last edited by CWPINST; 06-22-2017 at 09:55 PM.
    If it ain\'t accurate at long distance, then the fact that it is flat shooting is meaningless.

Quote Originally Posted by CWPINST View Post
    From the time a person clears leather until they can fire is about a half a second...or less. Back in the day one of our courses of fire was called "Speed Rock. From the surrender position you had either 2 or 3 seconds ( can't remember which) to draw and fire two shots and hit center mass from several feet away. I could easily draw, fire and reholster before the second whistle. It really wasn't that hard if you practiced. In other words, if you waited until the suspects gun was being drawn, there was a good chance you both may die.
    But but but...didn't they teach you to step to the left? Or just wait a few more seconds to see if the suspect was even going to shoot you dead and not just point the gun at you?

Twice I have informed LEO that I had a CWP and a weapon on me.
    1st time cop said, "I didn't stop you for that" and just went on to talk to me about my speed.
    2nd time cop thanked me for telling him, wrote my ticket and when he handed it to me he asked "whatcha carrying?" then we talked guns for 20 minutes.
    Last edited by ecu1984; 06-22-2017 at 10:45 PM.

CWPINST is offline 168 grains of assistance from a distance

Part of the responsibility that a person carrying concealed MUST clearly understand is that when the fact that you are carrying is revealed to an officer, the stakes are automatically ratcheted up several notches due to fact that you have deadly force potentially within your finger tips within a fraction of a second. The person carrying concealed has to understand that this goes with the territory of carrying. The officer might be able to read your body language somewhat, but he can't read your mind......only your actions. If you don't comply with his commands, it doesn't matter what your intentions are. When the potential use of deadly force is on the line, the CWP carrier must understand that instant and complete compliance with the officers instructions is not something to toy with, debate or ignore. If the officer is wrong, or if you somehow feel that your "rights" have been violated, make the officer pay for it, but do so in a court of law. That is how we do things in this country. Anything less is gambling with your life..

I don't know what the officer saw when he looked at Castile's hands or his movement, so it would be irresponsible of me to judge him, but it does appear that Castile ignored the officers commands. Perhaps, Castile had absolutely no ill intentions, but the officer can't judge his heart,.....only his actions. Bad outcome for both. Sad story.
    If it ain\'t accurate at long distance, then the fact that it is flat shooting is meaningless.

Quote Originally Posted by quack head 11 View Post
    So for the officers we have on here, if someone during a traffic stop tells you they are armed, do you automatically unholster your service weapon?

Is that SOP?
    Not for me. I've encountered a few folks carrying and my reaction was more like....

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Twice I have informed LEO that I had a CWP and a weapon on me.
    1st time cop said, "I didn't stop you for that" and just went on to talk to me about my speed.
    2nd time cop thanked me for telling him, wrote my ticket and when he handed it to me he asked "whatcha carrying?" then we talked guns for 20 minutes.
    ... this. I was cautious, but not alarmed. But nobody in the car gave me a reason to be alarmed. But I did encounter on carrying a Hi-Point. I suggested they move up in quality.

Quote Originally Posted by CWPINST View Post
    I don't know what the officer saw when he looked at Castile's hands or his movement, so it would be irresponsible of me to judge him, but it does appear that Castile ignored the officers commands. Perhaps, Castile had absolutely no ill intentions, but the officer can't judge his heart,.....only his actions. Bad outcome for both. Sad story.
    This pretty much sums it up for me.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen