Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Floating Duck Blind

The hard coated dock floats that are astronomically priced are only a good deterrence from muskrats. Beavers have gnawed right thru them many a time on Murray. Before the restriction put in place by SCE&G requiring these tubs we used to use the blue dow block foam and underlay the dock with sheet aluminum and strip the bottom with 2x4 runners to hold it in place. This isn't very cost effective either.

I've always wanted to find an old 16'-20' pontoon and flip it over to create a recessed floor between the toons and build from there.
    Last edited by triplebeard; 06-21-2017 at 11:10 AM.

I have as many 50 gallon plastic drums you can have to make a floating dock if needed.
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Indeed, yet I have killed no Jack Miners today, this month, or this season as our boy DHall has. I am more jealous of his awesome pig of a bird than everyone else combined.

First Peter 5:7 "Cast all your care upon God"

Hunted out of a floating blind last year that had a good setup. There were a couple 2X6's placed cross ways were the boat sets in the blind about 4 inches under the water. You ease the boat in the blind and on the 2x6's and hunt from the boat. It was very stable.
    Last edited by E. Taylor; 06-22-2017 at 10:38 AM.
    E T

Anyone ever seen one of these in person? Made by War Eagle....hopefully there's a dealer on here that knows something about them...can't find much about them online.

There was one of them for sale on here awhile back.
    "I'm just a victim of a circumstance"

Gator trax gator nest hunted out of one for the past couple seasons there great.