Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is our souls concious or unconscious once we die?

Default Is our souls concious or unconscious once we die?

Always love a good thead to talk on over the weekend.

So.

Answer away.
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

Have to report back when my number is called

This brings up the age old topic of whether yankees have souls? Having been around them, working with a few, and even call a few of them friends, I unfortunately have to say no, yankees have no soul.
    Last edited by Downeast; 06-16-2017 at 11:56 AM.
    "We have become so open minded that our brains have fallen out"

I agree yankee's much like gingers are simply deamon spawn devoid of souls.

If your soul is unconscious after you die, what's the point of having one?

Slick-divide and conquer/ Win by getting one's opponents to fight among themselves

What's the difference between soul and spirit? What's the difference in the first and second resurrection?

Sounds to me like believers who have passed away will be awaken. I've never been "conscious" and asleep at the same time.

But we do not want you to be uninformed, brethren, about those who are asleep, that you may not grieve, as do the rest who have no hope. For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who have fallen asleep in Jesus. For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive, and remain until the coming of the Lord, shall not precede those who have fallen asleep.

For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trumpet of God; and the dead in Christ shall rise first. Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and thus we shall always be with the Lord. Therefore comfort one another with these words. (1Thessalonians 4:13-18)
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Go Tigers!

Quote Originally Posted by Red Huck View Post
    What's the difference between soul and spirit? What's the difference in the first and second resurrection?
    No difference.

The 1st is at the rapture. The 2nd is to awaken the believers converted during the tribulation and millennial periods.
    Go Tigers!

I respect your point of view and would enjoy going into some of the deeper things, but religion can be and is often more divisive than politics. And I think that may be the point of this threat. My decades of experience you make no converts by telling people there wrong. I would ask that you look at the Royal priesthood and the differences in the resurrections.

If you would say a word for my Mom she in Spartanburg Regional with an infection.

Well, if your asking me I'll be glad to do so for your mom.

But this isn't exactly forcing religion or beliefs down anyones throat.

One must actively click on the link and then choose to read or not read?

And while religion can be divisive I've never under stood that in todays modern world with access to the bible in most hotels an in several copies in most modern houses in the south?

We have access like no other generation to multiple translations.

Every idea should be justified or not by the bible nothing else is as definitive as the word of God!

SO now.

Lets discuss what we all believe.

New or Old is fine!
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

~Scatter Shot

I think I fall under the seventh day Adventist theory that when the body dies, so does the soul. Separating the body from the soul is one of the first heresies the church fought with the gnostics. I know I have many brothers and sisters in Christ that believe differently and it doesn't bother me one bit. This is not a hill I am willing to die on and create division

Now that is what I'm talking about!

Thank you for sharing!
    Yup, he's crazy...

~Scatter Shot

My Mom was not as confused as she was yesterday. But she couldn't remember if the Doctor had been in to she her.. Yes SW say a pray for us.

Ecclesiastes 9New International Version (NIV)

A Common Destiny for All

9 So I reflected on all this and concluded that the righteous and the wise and what they do are in God’s hands, but no one knows whether love or hate awaits them. 2 All share a common destiny—the righteous and the wicked, the good and the bad,[a] the clean and the unclean, those who offer sacrifices and those who do not.

As it is with the good,
    so with the sinful;
    as it is with those who take oaths,
    so with those who are afraid to take them.

3 This is the evil in everything that happens under the sun: The same destiny overtakes all. The hearts of people, moreover, are full of evil and there is madness in their hearts while they live, and afterward they join the dead. 4 Anyone who is among the living has hope[b]—even a live dog is better off than a dead lion!

For the living know that they will die,
    but the dead know nothing;
    they have no further reward,
    and even their name is forgotten.

Their love, their hate
    and their jealousy have long since vanished;
    never again will they have a part
    in anything that happens under the sun.

7 Go, eat your food with gladness, and drink your wine with a joyful heart, for God has already approved what you do. 8 Always be clothed in white, and always anoint your head with oil. 9 Enjoy life with your wife, whom you love, all the days of this meaningless life that God has given you under the sun—all your meaningless days. For this is your lot in life and in your toilsome labor under the sun. 10 Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might, for in the realm of the dead, where you are going, there is neither working nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom.

Quote Originally Posted by mudminnow View Post
    I think I fall under the seventh day Adventist theory that when the body dies, so does the soul. Separating the body from the soul is one of the first heresies the church fought with the gnostics. I know I have many brothers and sisters in Christ that believe differently and it doesn't bother me one bit. This is not a hill I am willing to die on and create division
    Agreed. I'm with you on agreeing to disagree on standard principles of faith. Everyone's had or will have their chance of acceptance and obedience and I leave the judging to God. However, knowing what I know about the 7th Day Adventist faith, I'd be hard pressed to see their beliefs as 100% scriptural based. Didn't the "founder" have some vision in the 1800's of the rapture happening and didn't. It was later played off as Jesus entering "the 2nd level of heaven". Ummm....no.

Seems like the Witnesses said 144k were going to heaven until membership exceed that number. That said, ideas can be biblically supported, but totally wacked out. When that happens, cults are born.
    Go Tigers!

Yeah, this is probably the only thing I could somewhat align with a seventh day Adventist. I still do t know completely where I am on this topic but I think body and soul have to die. The seventh day Adventist act like every thing they say is backed by scripture, but they seem to pick and choose and mold scripture to what they want it to say.

For the record:
    I am a conservative Calvinist baby baptizing real wine communion every week Presbyterian in a Presbyterian denomination that still believes in the inerrancy of scripture.

I believe that Jesus was the son of God and he lived to die for my sins so that I may go to Heaven when I die. I don't know if my soul will die with my body or not, but I will live again.
    Crops are harvested, animals are killed.

Your soul is very much alive after death of the physical body.. Sometimes you may just be thrown into the blessing and confusion of having seen both sides.
    Genesis 9;2