Thread: Spot Trace

Default Spot Trace

Spot Trace is legit.
    I installed one Saturday after reading a few posts about guys having stuff stolen. I was alerted by an email this am at 7:30 the the equipment was on the move. It was an employee moving to a job. I have been able to see where the equipment is.
    It alerts you if the battery is low. It alerts you if the unit moves faster than 20 mph. It goes to sleep and is woken up by vibrations so the battery does not die fast. It sends an alert if the unit is cut off and if the batteries are low. It does not need clear line of sight to the sky. You can install it inside a cab or under a cover.

So far I am impressed.

good review- thanks
    what is the unit cost and monitoring cost- are there discounts for multiple units?

I did not see a multiple unit upgrade. I did email them asking for one.
    The unit is $100 with a $50 rebate this summer. The service plan is $150 per year.
    I debated it just increasing my insurance since the service is $150 per year. I remember my brother's truck getting stolen and it took him two months to get paid. Also, I like the idea of swift justice.

This is good to know. Had a utility trailer stolen from my place on Laurens road. I am ordering this today for the new trailer

Interested. You hard wire the power or running on the internal batteries?