Thread: Woodworker input

Default Woodworker input

May have a combo deal , which includes a Jet table saw JPS 10 TS and a Enco 2hp dust collector 00371211 that I'm looking at. I google both , but I need street value of items for a counteroffer. He is dead set on a asking price of $700. What y'all think

Dust collector? You mean nostrils?

Dust Collector $200.00 max if it's in great condition.

That Jet is a hybrid and I wouldn't consider it a cabinet Saw. IMO all Jet tools are way over-priced. Heck that saw is about $1400 new and you can buy better much cheaper. Does it have a table extension? Outfeed table? Besimeyer fence? HP? 1 1/2hp table saws are just this side of worthless. Any accessories with it? That said he'd probably get $4-500.00 for it on CL from somebody buying a name, not a tool.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    Dust Collector $200.00 max if it's in great condition.

That Jet is a hybrid and I wouldn't consider it a cabinet Saw. IMO all Jet tools are way over-priced. Heck that saw is about $1400 new and you can buy better much cheaper. Does it have a table extension? Outfeed table? Besimeyer fence? HP? 1 1/2hp table saws are just this side of worthless. Any accessories with it? That said he'd probably get $4-500.00 for it on CL from somebody buying a name, not a tool.
    So if I can buy both for 600 , can I resale when I get done with them and make my money back. It has a 1 3/4 hp motor and table extension

Quote Originally Posted by Timsmith View Post
    So if I can buy both for 600 , can I resale when I get done with them and make my money back. It has a 1 3/4 hp motor and table extension
    Probably.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

I think they mix peyote in with that cabinet grade plywood glue. I don't understand a word salty just said.

Quote Originally Posted by charlie horse View Post
    I think they mix peyote in with that cabinet grade plywood glue. I don't understand a word salty just said.
    Just extra formaldehyde.