Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hookspur's 2017 Season

Amazing season. Thanks for sharing.
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

More great news. The doctor called today to inform me that I also tested for Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever. Looks like I ended my season with a triple dose of fun; Lyme's, RMSF, and Shingles. Yippy!

your doctor is wrong

edited for softeness....

your doctor may be wrong about the RMSF. you spoke of someone dying of it. that is more common. you aren't dead, apparently.

I, too, was diagnosed with RMSF. I took the meds. Turns out, my doctor was wrong. Granted, i dont think you need to go back and get tested. Ricketssia are a gram negative bacilli (i think) and its common to be confused with many skin contaminants. Doctors call RMSF "the great imitator" or something like that because it is (read:WAS) so often confused with other illnesses. If you didnt have the OBVIOUS rash, I would be its a false positive.

(remember....I'm a dentist so take that into account.)
    Last edited by 2thDoc; 06-22-2017 at 12:08 PM.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Still without a doubt hookspurs season was without a doubt a great season for hookspur

Thanks for sharing.

Rockstar Season.

I spent a month this past year trying to figure out what was wrong. Gallons of blood drawn. Finally got a diagnosis from my third opinion doctor. RMSF. Totally kicked my ass.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton