Thread: Hart's 2017 season picture recap

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Hart's 2017 season picture recap

Here it is the second week of June and I just returned from my last turkey hunt Sunday. Outside of Ocellated turkey I think I started my season at the first legal spring season (South Florida Youth) and ended at the last legal spring season (Mexico Goulds) for the wild turkey in North America.

Concerning time away from home during turkey season, I am very fortunate with my career in sales/marketing/pr that about 95% of my job in the spring can be done from my iphone in the woods and I am not tied to an office or a location. Being single without family ties helps as well.

2016 was my best turkey season ever and I didn't think I would ever top it. I was wrong. Today is my last day of my 30s and if I don't make it past the weekend birthday celebration, I figure I better document some of the pictures of my best season ever somewhere.

South Florida:

North Florida (March 20 am)

South Carolina Lowcountry (March 20th pm)

March 20th; Gainesville, FL Osceola on left, Bamberg, SC bird on right, wing of March 8th Lakeport, FL bird on bottom. Note to folks chasing true Osceolas (hunt south of Orlando):

More South Carolina (tagged out in March):

Texas, 2 mornings and an afternoon:
    (First double bearded rio)

TSS #9s work on hogs at 38 yards:

One morning to hunt Georgia (Lowcountry Invitational Turkey Contest):

Drove 8 hours north to TN and had one morning to hunt (completed archery Grand Slam):

Odd coloring on TN birds wings:

Kansas Easterns with friends (3 in a day)

Arkansas Public Land (Thanks Jim Spencer!)

West Virginia, Maryland and Delaware:

Rain, henned up birds and misses. Maybe next year.

Oregon:

New Mexico (Double Single Season Grand Slam complete with one TSS shot after the blizzaed)

Minnesota:

Montana (Indian Rez Tags, Regional Tag and General Tag. You can kill lots in MT!)

Pennsylvania (blew his massive beard off!)

Mexico Goulds (Archery World Slam and Single Season Royal Slam complete. Gobbling and strutting in June! June 7th is the latest I have killed a turkey!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by HartClemson99; 06-15-2017 at 07:13 PM.
    "I do not hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. I would really rather not do it, but I am helpless in the grip of my compulsion"
    - Tom Kelly, Tenth Legion, 1973