Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hot Pepper Growers-Carolina Reapers

Default Hot Pepper Growers-Carolina Reapers

I grow a salsa garden each year and this is my second year of adding Carolina Reapers, in addition to cilantro, jalapenos, habaneros, onions, and tomatoes. I am not sure if anyone else on here is stupid enough to grow/each reapers but it would be interesting to know how many do. If you would like a couple of reapers to try, let me know and I will send you a couple. They are really exciting, if you do not have anything to do for the next few hours. MG
    Dum Spiro Spero

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

What in God's name is wrong with you? Cilantro? The DEA should raid you and treat you like you are growing heroin, only worse.

How's the heat on them? Meaning is it instantaneous, or is the aftermath once it is in your gut that is when the heat hits and starts to burn your mouth and throat? I like spicy stuff, but nothing so over the top that it'll ruin your afternoon.

Ill take a few. I got a neighbor that is a sucker for hot ass peppers.

Quote Originally Posted by BEAR View Post
    How's the heat on them? Meaning is it instantaneous, or is the aftermath once it is in your gut that is when the heat hits and starts to burn your mouth and throat? I like spicy stuff, but nothing so over the top that it'll ruin your afternoon.
    They will ruin your afternoon.

No doubt.
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Go tigers!

I ate a reaper ghost pepper cross breed once and immediately had to run to the shitter.
    "I swear if I found you in a marsh I don't know that I could keep myself from mud stomping you" -Griffin

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    What in God's name is wrong with you? Cilantro? The DEA should raid you and treat you like you are growing heroin, only worse.
    in his defense, I bet you cant taste the cilantro. Hell, I bet you cant take much of ANYTHING other than hot.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

have tried eating a pepper twice....it takes a moment for the flavor to succumb to the pain.....feels like your throat has alot of pressure on it...seems like it lasted about 10 mins.....never got the gut/intestinal discomfort from them once the pain went away.....we keep quite a few of pucketbutt's sauces and mixes at the house

" feels like i ate 3 of satans testicles..."

ho lee sheet that was hilarious!
    I take an PLB in the shower with me. Can't ever be too safe.

Whats it like to live w/o the Internet? Not bad, I get photos of your mom thought the mail....

"I'd like to know more about this. Someone give cottontop a bump of coke."
    Sportin' Woodies

I have 10 or so reaper plants and several other pepper plants.

I enjoy growing the exotic peppers.

It's a challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    It is well contained; however, my wife, on the other hand, has been known to plant morning glory and moonflower. MG
    Dum Spiro Spero

Quote Originally Posted by BEAR View Post
    I never eat them for sport, cayene or jalapeno is about as hot as I go to enjoy as a side item raw or with cold beer. The reaper is on an order of several magnatudes hotter than a habenero. When I make my relish for hot dogs/burgers (onion, hot peppers, garlic all shredded to the consistancy of cole slaw) I use two small or one large reapers per orange sized sweet onion. It is enjoyable to me but not many others. The taste is smokey with a hint of citrus but the aftermath is unique in that it makes my mouth feel as if I drank coffee that was too hot (in other words heat versus spicy burn) and the endorphine rush is intense. When I make that relish with habeneros it is usually six or more fresh peppers per onion. Anyone can PM me with your address and I will send you a couple, but you have been warned. MG
    Last edited by Maggie Glover; 06-15-2017 at 09:53 AM.
    Dum Spiro Spero

Trying to find the link the Simpson's episode where Homer ate the Yucatan Insanity Peppers.....
    Last edited by Swamp Rat; 06-15-2017 at 09:53 AM.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

The owner of puckerbutt has offered to fence in some of my property in exchange for planting those things . I love flavorful stuff but those are just a novelty .
    I used to drink like a fish and run like a dog
    Done a whole lotta shit not permitted by law
    People call me the Picasso of painting the town

Quote Originally Posted by Luvin' Labs View Post
    I knew this was coming... this guy is crazy as shit
    "I'm just a victim of a circumstance"

Quote Originally Posted by Maggie Glover View Post
    I never eat them for sport, cayene or jalapeno is about as hot as I go to enjoy as a side item raw or with cold beer. The reaper is on an order of several magnatudes hotter than a habenero. When I make my relish for hot dogs/burgers (onion, hot peppers, garlic all shredded to the consistancy of cole slaw) I use two small or one large reapers per orange sized sweet onion. It is enjoyable to me but not many others. The taste is smokey with a hint of citrus but the aftermath is unique in that it makes my mouth feel as if I drank coffee that was too hot (in other words heat versus spicy burn) and the endorphine rush is intense. When I make that relish with habeneros it is usually six or more fresh peppers per onion. Anyone can PM me with your address and I will send you a couple, but you have been warned. MG
    I'd rather you send me that relish.
    Sea Ark 1542 w/ Yamaha 40
    Xpress 16 w/ 50 Hammer
    War Eagle 15 w/ 30 Hammer

--------------------------------------------------

"Sometimes you gotta grab the bull by the horns and the women by the tits and take charge in your life" - General Patton

"I'm very drunk and I intend on getting still drunker before this evening's over."
    - Rhett Butler

Catfish is a nut
    Member of the Tenth Legion Since 2004

"Looks like Linda Loveless took a money shot to the face"