Thread: Sec. Zinke Giving Back To Hunters & Fishermen

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Default Sec. Zinke Giving Back To Hunters & Fishermen

Bout time. I think I'm going to like this guy.

Now if we can only keep our state legislators from scarfing it up to fix roads or some other BS crap.

Secretary Zinke Announces Distribution of $1.1 Billion to State Wildlife Agencies

WASHINGTON – U.S. Secretary of the Interior Ryan Zinke today announced $1.1 billion in annual funding for state wildlife agencies from revenues generated by the Pittman-Robertson Wildlife Restoration and Dingell-Johnson Sport Fish Restoration acts. State-by-state listings of the final Fiscal year 2017 apportionments of Wildlife Restoration Program fund can be found here and the Sport Fish Restoration Program fund here.

The announcement was made during day one of a four-day trip across the Northeast where Secretary Zinke met with New Hampshire Fish and Game Executive Director Glenn Normandeau, whose state will receive $8,146,960 through the acts. The meeting was part of a Pittman-Robertson Dingell-Johnson Grants Roundtable that focused on recreation and partnerships between New Hampshire and the Department.

“For nearly eight decades, the nation’s hunters and anglers have generated billions of dollars to protect wildlife and habitat simply by purchasing items that help them engage in the outdoor activities they enjoy,” Zinke said. “Their support has helped state wildlife agencies protect our country’s environmental legacy for future generations of hunters, fishers, recreationalists, and conservationists.”

The funds, which are distributed by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, support critical state conservation and outdoor recreation projects. They are derived from excise taxes paid by the hunting, shooting, boating and angling industries on firearms, bows and ammunition and sport fishing tackle, some boat engines, and small engine fuel.

Allocations of the funds are authorized by Congress. To date, the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service has distributed more than $19 billion in apportionments for state conservation and recreation projects.

“The conservation and outdoor recreation gains made possible by this funding mechanism, which is unique to the United States, serves as the bedrock of wildlife conservation in our country,” said U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service Acting Director Jim Kurth.

The recipient state wildlife agencies have matched these funds with approximately $6 billion throughout the years, primarily through hunting and fishing license revenues.

State funding in the Northeast includes:

• New Hampshire- The state will receive $3,494,429 through the Sport Fish Restoration Fund and $4,652,531 through the Wildlife Restoration Fund, giving the state a total amount of $8,146,960.
    • Massachusetts- The state will receive $3,494,429 through the Sport Fish Restoration Fund and $7,664,947 through the Wildlife Restoration Fund, giving the state a total amount of $11,159,376.
    • Vermont- The state will receive $3,494,429 through the Sport Fish Restoration Fund and $4,652,531 through the Wildlife Restoration Fund, giving the state a total amount of $8,146,960.
    • Connecticut- The state will receive $3,494,429 through the Sport Fish Restoration Fund and $5,702,335 through the Wildlife Restoration Fund, giving the state a total amount of $9,196,764.
    • Rhode Island- The state will receive $3,494,429 through the Sport Fish Restoration Fund and $4,652,531 through the Wildlife Restoration Fund, giving the state a total amount of $8,146,96

For more information about the WSFR program visit http://wsfrprograms.fws.gov/.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

GaWgA is getting over 22 mil.

In the wild life side.

More Big bucks more big bucks!
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

Quote Originally Posted by Silentweapon338 View Post
    GaWgA is getting over 22 mil.

In the wild life side.

More Big bucks more big bucks!
    I didn't check to see what everyone was getting. Since I guess you did what does SCDNR get?
    Last edited by Mergie Master; 06-14-2017 at 11:10 AM.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Didn't look on the fish side but looks like 10 mil on the total wild life side.

Correction just looked just shy of 5mill on the fish side.
    Last edited by Silentweapon338; 06-14-2017 at 11:14 AM.
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

~Scatter Shot

Thanks.

Better'n nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Silentweapon338 View Post
    Didn't look on the fish side but looks like 10 mil on the total wild life side.

Correction just looked just shy of 5mill on the fish side.
    10 Million is a SHIT TON of planting in refuges and public lands ie dove fields and food plots. 5 million is a shit ton of striper and redfish fingerlings. If these numbers are correct, I wish they could be allocated for resource improvement ONLY, not boats, trucks, salary, etc. for DNR. Maybe some toward research. But what would our state draw hunts look like if some of that 10 million were spent there?? When the hell is this state going to start charging for access permits to ALL public land and water resources? Hunters and fisherman tote the load through licensing and registration. You want to go hike in FM, pay for a day pass. Want to bird watch at Table Rock and hike to the top, pay for a day pass... Never have understood why we can't do that. Kayakers park and then walk down to the beach to launch the boat without paying a ramp fee... at least when they're not parked in the middle of the ramp because they won't carry the damn kayak 50 yards to the parking lot...ANyway, way to go Zinke!!
    \"We say grace and we say maam, if you ain\'t into that, we don\'t give a damn.\" HW Jr.

10 mill for new personal and boats, helicopter, and to plant DNR personnel only food plots. They will worry about y'all when the time comes, and it's not now.

Along with this funding should come a strict guideline such that the money actually makes it into the ground and waters.. No squandering allowed!
    Genesis 9;2

Is there any form of accountability on where that ~$5M SC DNR goes?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by willyworm; 06-17-2017 at 02:35 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

It's a total of 15m!

Not that I have found. That doesn't mean it isn't around I'm sure it is tied to GA rules some how.

DT will probably know.
    Yup, he's crazy...

~Scatter Shot

DNR has been getting this money every year. Nothing new.
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

Not as much.

You can see 2016 to 2017.

He definitely increased it.

I saw that and wondered how much DNR budget is prior to this infusion of cash?
    Yup, he's crazy...

~Scatter Shot