Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Slick Trick Question

Default Slick Trick Question

Pretty new into the bow hunting game. Had some broadheads that came with bow I bought but after reading on here and seeing first hand what the slick tricks can do I am upgrading for this season. Which slick trick are you using and does it matter or is it pretty idiot proof?

Default Slick Trick Question

Quote Originally Posted by jackjr11 View Post
    Pretty new into the bow hunting game. Had some broadheads that came with bow I bought but after reading on here and seeing first hand what the slick tricks can do I am upgrading for this season. Which slick trick are you using and does it matter or is it pretty idiot proof?
    Any and all slick tricks will make a deer bleed out if you shoot them in the right spot. Hell any broad head will... I've killed deer with rages that looked like an axe murderer got a hold of them but some people will say they are the crappiest thing on the market. Practice good shot placement then worry about the broad head.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by DJA; 06-13-2017 at 08:01 AM.
    "I swear if I found you in a marsh I don't know that I could keep myself from mud stomping you" -Griffin

Quote Originally Posted by DJA View Post
    Any and all slick tricks will make a deer bleed out if you shoot them in the right spot. Hell any broad head will... I've killed deer with rages that looked like an axe murderer got a hold of them but some people will say they are the crappiest thing on the market. Practice good shot placement then worry about the broad head.

Yep shot placement matters more than anything. I used to beat the slick trick drum as loud as anyone but in my opinion, their quality has taken a nose dive since they got bought out. Not sure if they've changed materials or what but they're not as sharp as they used to be. The quality of blood trails I've gotten the past 2 years has decreased exponentially. That being said, tricks are a fixed head with 4 sharp/semi sharp blades.......if you put it where it needs to go, he dead. I always shot the 100 gr standard heads.

I tried shooting them, I bought two packs at two different times and locations cause i wanted to try them. Out of the 8ish or whatever two packs make up about 6 of them sounded like airplanes flying through the air. The other two werent as bad but still noticably loud. I think they were both razortricks tho. Maybe i should try a different model. I might this year.
    Last edited by SCswampCAT; 06-13-2017 at 08:21 AM.

I as well have used slick tricks but last year switch to a new broad head called tooth of the arrow. They are like slick tricks but one piece of CBC material. I was very surprised at how they did. I will continue to use them.

Slick Tricks and G5 Montec are great accurate BH if you go fixed......they will not give you the blood trail of a Rage but you dont have to deal with rubber collars and flight malfunction etc.

Like everyone above me...you hit that volleyball sized taret with a sharp pointed arrow....= meat

Slick trick magnums, just be sure to broadhead tune your bow.

i shoot the vipertricks and have had good results with them

Only really bad broad head is a dull broad head.
    "Think A Guy Like Me Worries About Percentages?" Tin Cup

"Some get spiritual cause they see the light, and some cause they feel the heat" Ray Wylie Hubbard

"P.S. I love turkeys. Mostly just hate those who hunt em." Glenn

Quote Originally Posted by Coastal Woodie View Post
    Slick trick magnums, just be sure to broadhead tune your bow.

Tune your bow..
    Aim small, miss small.
    Dont shoot spirit fawns.

Quote Originally Posted by tot View Post
    Tune your bow..
    Aim small, miss small.
    Dont shoot spirit fawns.
    Eh. Ver.

[QUOTE=SCSwitchback;2341220]Yep shot placement matters more than anything. I used to beat the slick trick drum as loud as anyone but in my opinion, their quality has taken a nose dive since they got bought out. Not sure if they've changed materials or what but they're not as sharp as they used to be. The quality of blood trails I've gotten the past 2 years has decreased exponentially. That being said, tricks are a fixed head with 4 sharp/semi sharp blades.......if you put it where it needs to go, he dead. I always shot the 100 gr standard heads.[/QUOTE

The same company (TOG) bought out slick trick, elite bows, CBE sights, and Scott releases. The quality of every one went way down. TOG must have Slick trick using the cheapest pot metal they can scrap together for their blades, they bend and dull in a foam target now. Nothing like the cooper spec slicks. I thought the new option 6&7 from elite were a total joke when I shot them. Like someone put elite stickers on a $399 bear from gander.
    Last edited by wiz18; 06-13-2017 at 06:41 PM.

I've had better luck getting exodus broadheads to tune than I ever did slick tricks.

wiz 18 hit the nail on the head. Since they got bought out the quality has went to crap, im on my last pack or razor tricks and im done with slick trick. My son was shooting them last year and the new ones did not hold up well. Seems like every time a good quality product gets bought out it goes downhill, im looking hard at the vpa broadheads

Quote Originally Posted by socoz71 View Post
    I've had better luck getting exodus broadheads to tune than I ever did slick tricks.
    I embarrassed for you. Stick to gun powder like dog hunters.
    Last edited by Bigtimber2; 06-13-2017 at 08:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtimber2 View Post
    I embarrassed for you. Stick to gun powder like dog hunters.
    I didn't tell Q.A.D. to make a better broadhead...they just did.

A dude with z71 in his name . Gold

grim reapers

I've had awesome luck with the original 1 3/8" grim reaper

It's very hard to find bad reviews about them, and that says a lot in today's time and the technology world we live in
    I am a nobody, that met somebody, that can save anybody.