Thread: Wisconsin anyone???

Default Wisconsin anyone???

Any of y'all know much about North West Wisconsin hunting/living etc? Rusk County and the town of Ladysmith in particular. I am looking at a job there that may be worth making a move for if all the stars align and it is what it appears to be. From what I can tell, Land is a bargain there...which kinda worries me. They definitely have grey wolves in the county, but I'm not exactly sure how worried I should be about that. Looks like a ton of pothole type lakes just north of there. I know waterfowling will be better than here numbers wise, but I consider myself blessed to have some spots where I can kill a few each year in peace and without having to endure the "joy" of hunter to hunter bitching that seems inevitable on most public waterways. I'm thinking the extreme nature of that place, not unlike the up of Michigan, would keep pressure low and peaceful-public opportunities plentiful. Anyone with any info about hunting or living in this area...your feedback is much appreciated.
    “I can’t wait ‘till I’m grown” is the stupidest @!#* I ever said!

A guy I used to work with lives in ladysmith.he kills a few deer here and there and also shoots black bear.I'm sure you can find some hunting oppertunities if you talk to some farmers.evidently corn is pretty big around there.he shot a pretty big black bear in a green corn field last year.he said bears will destroy a corn field so the farmers are pretty happy to have people hunt.I also have another buddy from nothern Wisconsin who says the wolves are destroying the deer population.I guess it depends on where you live.watch a few episodes of behind the bow.looks like a ton of public land with quality deer.good luck.
    The price is firm.

I've seen the folks that hunt the northern part of the state raising Cain about the terrible hunting up there lately (deer). I think Rusk Co. is on the southern part of where it starts getting thick with wolves and the deer hunting starts to fall off. That said, it's about 2.5 hours from the best county in what is currently considered #1 big buck state in big bucks/acre terms. I figure I could scratch out enough deer hunting to satisfy my itches there as long as the duck hunting is good. Looks like a pile of bears in that area. I just wonder how far south those wolves are going to push each year as their population grows.

Check into the grouse and woodcock hunting. The cycle should be on the upswing this year and maybe for the next 2 or 3. I have a friend that moved up to Park Falls about 4 years ago when he was working for Caterpillar. He and his family love it up there.

I used to travel to Wisconsin a good bit on business. I have been all over the state and it is an outdoorsman's paradise. I never visited Ladysmith but was close to it a few times. I wouldn't mind living up there if I had to ever leave SC again. Most everyone I met were great people other than all the liberals in Milwaukee and Madison. The cheese and beer are excellent but the women....well lets just say stick with a Southern woman.

Spent many a day driving across that beautiful state. Lots of geese, not many ducks seen in 20+ years. Deer had CWD and not sure if they have recovered. All I got.

wisconsin and MN have some women of scandanavian descent. nothing wrong with some of them.

Northern wisconsin is a heckuva place. Would not mind living there.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

I came up to the UP Friday afternoon to work for a week. I dont understand why anyone would choose to live in Chicago. What I saw if wisconsin is amazing, and there are a pile of deer and turkeys...at least in eastern Wisconsin...not at all what I had in my mind from watching Laverne and Shirley as a kid. UP is really, really cool.

That's a beautiful area if you're an outdoorsman. I was born not too far from there in Medford, but spent most of my life in the LaCrosse area. Deer population is somewhat less in the northern counties, but not too terrible. It's been many years since I deer hunted up there, but had some success on the Chequamegon N.F. and bear over by Colfax. Fishing is good and if you're going to enjoy winter, you'll have to take up ice fishing and snowmobiling. I would move back there in a skinny minute if I could talk my wife into it.

I drove through that area the other day. Pretty country. Didn't see one asshole with a flatbill hat or their pants around their ass.

Quote Originally Posted by marsh chicken View Post
    I drove through that area the other day. Pretty country. Didn't see one asshole with a flatbill hat or their pants around their ass.
    Nope because they all stay in the liberal cities looking for a handout.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk