Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What causes this?

First laugh of the day

Member of the Tenth Legion Since 2004

Quote Originally Posted by Southernduck View Post
    Looks like herbicide damage to me. Seen a lot of it this year particularly with Spartan charge.
    3rd year I have run Prowl, DualMag, and Spartan pre-plant.
    Catching hell this year after 3 plantings.....
    Local farmer looked with me today and says its the Dual.
    Given all the rain, I'm told it has damaging effects on the flower germ like it would cotton.
    Anyone else have any knowledge to share here?
    Basically the seed is not germinating.....after 3 attempts I still have 1/2 stand cross the field with most of the issues being downhill!
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

Quote Originally Posted by Calibogue View Post
    3rd year I have run Prowl, DualMag, and Spartan pre-plant.
    Catching hell this year after 3 plantings.....
    Local farmer looked with me today and says its the Dual.
    Given all the rain, I'm told it has damaging effects on the flower germ like it would cotton.
    Anyone else have any knowledge to share here?
    Basically the seed is not germinating.....after 3 attempts I still have 1/2 stand cross the field with most of the issues being downhill!
    Scott I just put Spartan charge right behind the planter at 6oz/a with roundup and NIS. The next day started raining and we got 4" over the next 3 days. Bad germ and what did come up was getting hammered by the Spartan. Dropped the planters in the ground again last Saturday and planted right back on the rows. Hoping when I get back from Nashville I have a decent stand. Got to drive by them everyday in the driveway and it is going to drive me nuts!
    cut\'em

Mine look horrible but I refuse to plan it a 4th time!
    It's very patchy we planted first week of May the first round and those are just barely over a foot tall but we threw another 150 pounds of fertilizer to them and cultivated them today.
    It's patchy and I will make enough flowers to get by early season and corn will be ready assuming I keep getting rain. I'm going to test some Millet tomorrow to see if it will germinate in the next few days to fill in the voids.
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

as clean as my field is I think I am going to back off the pre-emergent next a little!